Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Burzum influence?

Burzum influence?
November 18, 2006, 08:00:21 PM
This might not mean anything to anyone, but click on this link and download the mp3 from the list of the track called "Battle of Tyr" (it's only a little more than a minute long) and listen to the whole track and see if anything sounds familiar to you.

http://www.mp3real.ru/mp3/black_sabbath/tyr/

Keep in mind that the theme of this album is largely based on the Christian's conquering of Norway and that it came out in 1990.  Maybe just a giant coincidense.

Re: Burzum influence?
November 29, 2006, 02:17:59 AM
What did you hear in this track that reminded you of Burzum? Nothing jumped to mind for me. In Burzum I mostly hear a lot of doom metal and German speed metal.

November 29, 2006, 02:33:18 AM
What did you hear in this track that reminded you of Burzum? Nothing jumped to mind for me. In Burzum I mostly hear a lot of doom metal and German speed metal.

The classical piece in Hvis Lyset Tarr Oss came to mind as well as the two ambient albums.  Melody wise, not just style wise.

November 30, 2006, 11:22:45 AM
I will listen again. I'm sure Vikernes has more influences than he'll admit these days, which is why you have to read a site other than his official propaganda mouthpiece in Europe-hating Russia.

November 30, 2006, 12:35:15 PM
I was extremely surprised when he somewhat admitted that Iron Maiden and Pink Floyd were good.