Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

How to get brutally strong

Re: How to get brutally strong
February 20, 2012, 06:46:07 AM
Oh and also, Mehdi/Strong Lifts creator is now CHARGING to get into his message board. Fucking cunt. Another reason why to start this thread.

That's lame. I never got involved with the forums, I just followed his 2 day work out procedure. Worked great for me.

By the way, am I the only one who actually ENJOYS deadlifts, squats, and the like? I think they're fun as hell; people look at me oddly when I mention that.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

February 20, 2012, 02:54:34 PM
I enjoy them, and can't understand the mindset of those who would continue training while disliking the exercises.

February 20, 2012, 07:43:22 PM
I enjoy them, and can't understand the mindset of those who would continue training while disliking the exercises.

I need to has the huge pectorals so other men can fondle my man tits.

February 26, 2012, 10:54:42 AM
I thought Id share this with you guys. There is a bunch of videos and this guy doesn't charge you anything(as far as i know). He also has a forum for fitness discussion

http://www.youtube.com/user/scooby1961?feature=watch

February 26, 2012, 12:54:20 PM
I weigh a mere 130 pounds at nearly 6 feet. I eat until I am full, but it is very very difficult to gain weight. I play tennis and swim, but do not do any strength training as I am afraid I will lose more weight. What should I do?

February 26, 2012, 02:25:47 PM
I weigh a mere 130 pounds at nearly 6 feet. I eat until I am full, but it is very very difficult to gain weight. I play tennis and swim, but do not do any strength training as I am afraid I will lose more weight. What should I do?

My goodness man, you're a string bean.

Start eating more lean meats and fish, with nuts and other sources of good protein. Do the stronglifts program or something similar. You may lose a bit of weight in the beginning but slowly that will start to convert to muscle (which weighs more than fat). If you do it right, you should come out heavier than you started.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

February 27, 2012, 04:09:20 AM
Also do not eat a full meal at once, but spread it out with six meals during the day.

This is what I personally do:

Breakfast: Oatmeal and Eggs
After workout: Protein Shake
Lunch Tuna/chicken/or a sandwich
Protein Shake
Snack: Cheese
Dinner Fish/steak/pork with rice

I use a pre work out supplement and a post workout BCAA.

I LOVE Squats and just this past Thursday I destroyed myself, and went on a two hour bike ride after, and even now on this Sunday, my legs are recovering still!

February 28, 2012, 03:50:38 AM

1. Gallon of milk a day. Start gradually so that your body can adjust. GOMAD exists because of skinny guys.

2. Buy the book and do your homework.

3.Never be afraid.

I was never of the genetically gifted stock. Matter of fact, I hated sports as a kid. I was your average metal-head.

February 28, 2012, 03:11:25 PM
Thanks for all the encouraging replies, let me get cracking :)

March 04, 2012, 07:01:56 AM
Don't rely too much on milk; I did the "gallon of milk a day" thing for a couple years and while I did gain muscle, I also gained a brutal case of acid reflux disease that took lots of apple cider vinegar to dispel. Just train hard and consistently and you'll see gains appropriate to your body type. Also do NOT neglect stretching and isolation exercises. Many lifters will guide you away from smaller isolation exercises like shoulder raises because they aren't as effective at building mass. This is true, but they ARE effective at maintaining flexibility in smaller auxiliary muscles, which will prevent injury in the long term. I also strongly suggest yoga to all serious lifters/athletes, the flexibility and improved bloodflow will help prevent many injuries down the line. Between weight lifting and Judo training, I've had to deal with a lot of injuries over the years and trust me, you need some sort of flexibility program to go with your strength program or you'll constantly be getting hurt.
-l-

March 05, 2012, 11:43:22 AM
http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/max_out_on_squats_every_day

I wouldn't recommend this for a 130lb newb. I would tell him to do starting strength + GOMAD for a few months and see how his body adjusts, and I say that with full respect to John Broz and his methods.

March 05, 2012, 12:35:30 PM
http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/max_out_on_squats_every_day

I wouldn't recommend this for a 130lb newb. I would tell him to do starting strength + GOMAD for a few months and see how his body adjusts, and I say that with full respect to John Broz and his methods.

How heavy are most of you guys cause it sounds like you've being doing this for a while? I'm 180lb and 5'10" tall. Never done weights but I do heaps of swimming, pushup, sit ups etc. I have considered weight training but I have a friend that ended up on morphine for the rest of his life in an accident doing squats which really turns me off, he's a solid guy too. Aren't certain body types better suited to different tasks?

March 05, 2012, 12:55:04 PM
I'm 165lb, 6'4''.  I have next to no fat, which accounts for my relatively low weight.  Strength training has brought me up by two stone in about a year, though, so I'll probably hit somewhere between 13/14 stone by the time I've reached the level I want to be at.

March 07, 2012, 11:22:24 PM
I support this thread. I actually talk about my weight training with a buddy so we can compare and try to out do each other since we are of similar build.

Since I don't have the means to do gym / power training, I've been doing circuit plate training to increase my muscle endurance and core. So far it has toned me fairly well, but I have't put on weight like I intended. I'm sure that has more to do with my poor calorie intake.

We should produce more self improvement and self challenging threads such as this around the site. Promote positive changes.