Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Peter Jackson dropped from "The Hobbit"

Annihilaytorr

Peter Jackson dropped from "The Hobbit"
November 21, 2006, 06:16:10 AM
This is sad news, as Peter Jackson's vision of what Tolkien intended was truly brilliant, and as far as I am concerned the only thing Hollywood has ever done that really interests me on a deeper level, especially in recent memory. Then again, King Kong was horrifically atrocious (one of the worst movies I have ever seen) and that might mean it had less to do with Jackson than some believe.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15821905/

Pontus

Re: Peter Jackson dropped from "The Hobbit&qu
November 21, 2006, 10:12:04 AM
The Lord of The Rings were good to be out of Hollywood but were still In my opinion a waste, they didn't contribute to the books in any way but rather destroyed them, at least in my mind, since they made Frodo into a homosexual and Arwen a fucking Lara Croft.

Please excuse my poor english since it aint my mothertongue.

Raubritter

November 23, 2006, 12:48:15 AM
I agree with Pontus. The only thing Jackson can convey is pathos - though he usually overdoes that too. This is excellent news!

King Kong on the other hand can be enjoyed on a purely allegorical level.

Annihilaytorr

December 04, 2006, 06:55:58 AM
While the problems the movies had were not lost on anyone, this is horrible news as the studio will no doubt put in some jackass just to make big battle scenes, who cares little about the message of the story, where Jackson did.

December 06, 2006, 10:37:53 AM
the movies weren't supposed to replace the book but were meant to be another form of medium for the story to live in

December 10, 2006, 10:10:23 AM
I haven't watched the LOTR movies fully, but Frodo is a fucking faggot compared to the novel, which I have started reading recently.

Re: Peter Jackson dropped from "The Hobbit&am
December 11, 2006, 12:45:31 PM
While the problems the movies had were not lost on anyone, this is horrible news as the studio will no doubt put in some jackass just to make big battle scenes, who cares little about the message of the story, where Jackson did.

The replacement is Sam Raimi.

December 11, 2006, 12:51:16 PM
they are seriously using him, his films are completely different from anything that could even be compared to the hobbit, i have a feeling the hobbit will be a flop (although i did like the evil dead stuff he directed)

December 11, 2006, 06:32:33 PM
Yes, this is somewhat sad news.  If they don't get Ian McKellen (sp) to play Gandalf, I won't bother with it.

Hello, new here.

December 19, 2006, 11:08:10 AM
if they couldn't get Ian McKellen they would probably cancel the entire film