Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

In praise of Adversity

In praise of Adversity
February 19, 2012, 07:10:34 PM
Great heroes in history always welcomed adversity. When outnumbered ten to one, they said, Is that the best you can do, punk? and charged on ahead anyway. They knew dying with self-integrity was better than living with self-pity.

If you look at the people succeeding at life around you, you will see that they too have welcomed adversity. If its worth doing, it will be non-trivial; they know this and so they embrace the adversity that life casts their way.

Whatever happens in the future, this is for certain: most people will be oblivious and unprepared but able to react. A few will have spotted the trend and prepared, and will triumph.

http://www.groin.com/self-pity/

A world with no dragons to fight would be boring indeed.

Adversity keeps us honest. Perhaps this is why nature evolved EVIL as well as GOOD.

Also we need vanquished enemies to sodomize.

Re: In praise of Adversity
February 19, 2012, 07:50:38 PM
I like that. "Adversity keeps us honest".

Definitely keeps you on check.

February 19, 2012, 07:58:50 PM
The failure of no opossition

What would happen if the Right destroys the Left?

I like competence, but I don't like to think in dichotomic universal forces imbued in us, I rather think in healthy competence. Healthy competence is the way to go if we value our human species.

February 20, 2012, 02:00:53 AM

Society wouldn't fail.

February 20, 2012, 06:03:11 AM
We could finally continue or quest for the stars again instead of wasting limited resources on snivelly, humanitarian, floppy wrist issues du jour. Worthier adversity awaits us beyond the left.

February 20, 2012, 06:10:20 AM
We could finally continue or quest for the stars again instead of wasting limited resources on snivelly, humanitarian, floppy wrist issues du jour. Worthier adversity awaits us beyond the left.

Society wouldn't fail.

Incompetence contaminates competence.