I am excited as hell about the new Summoning. A few requests, if anyone is listening:
(1) Vary the melodies. Within each song. Like how on Ancient Trolltaar melodies go from dark to happy. Possibly even vary key! There are other helpful scales for the fills.
(2) Vary the song structures more. They're getting a bit formulaic. It's better to go full Tolkien and use visual or symbolic representations, then hammer them into a comfortable sound.
(3) More stuff in old Elvish or the Black Tongue of Mordor.
(4) Consider more Tangerine Dream like stuff where the drums get dropped or you get some true ambience
(5) Consider more organic sounds
(6) Consider an instrumental track or two, maybe longer tracks. Will Summoning ever do something like Metallica's "Orion," which has now been covered by two dozen non-metal bands and is still cited by many as a massive influence?
(7) Don't try to be current. Stick with what made black metal great.
And remember, SUMMONING is not a fascist band!