Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Deicide

childrengrinder-br

Re: Deicide
January 14, 2007, 04:09:32 PM
glen benton has a restaurant in the USA, texas...

my favourite album is ONCE UPON THE CROSS

Myrrdin

January 14, 2007, 08:27:10 PM
Deicide are touring with a replacement vocalist, is this true?  Their site was down so i couldn't check.

If it is true you have to wander what's the point.

childrengrinder-br

January 14, 2007, 08:55:36 PM
Deicide are touring with a replacement vocalist, is this true?  Their site was down so i couldn't check.

If it is true you have to wander what's the point.

i guess glen benton is a ''showman'', and their target were receive money to construct his restaurant, all time... i don't respect glen benton, but i like his songs...

January 15, 2007, 03:30:48 PM

my favourite album is ONCE UPON THE CROSS

Listen to LEGION.

February 02, 2007, 07:49:13 AM
Legion is definitely in my small death metal collection and it deserves to be there.  
Da stopper rittet
Som varte i en livstid
For herren går (inn i slottet fra drømmen)

February 19, 2007, 03:41:25 AM
Check this out:
http://www.anus.com/metal/about/metal/deicide-legion/

I think this was just added in the last day or so, and it dovetails very well with Nile577's review.

February 20, 2007, 01:03:22 AM

Where?

February 20, 2007, 01:10:16 AM
Check this out:

I think this was just added in the last day or so, and it dovetails very well with Nile577's review.

second album Legion in the summer of 1991

Wasn't it released in 1992?

February 26, 2007, 02:08:40 AM
Amazon says June 9, 1992, but they're not always right.

One thing this article got right is that newer fans, those maybe twenty-five and younger, were not listening to metal when Deicide was putting out good music. They know Deicide only as crap like their recent album, Stench of Christian Analboylove and It Hurts, or whatever it's called.

February 26, 2007, 07:25:33 AM
most of these newer  Deicide fans I have known  prefer "Once upon a cross"  
I keep saying Legion legion legion but ... to no avail
Da stopper rittet
Som varte i en livstid
For herren går (inn i slottet fra drømmen)

February 26, 2007, 11:11:43 AM
Amazon says June 9, 1992, but they're not always right.

One thing this article got right is that newer fans, those maybe twenty-five and younger, were not listening to metal when Deicide was putting out good music. They know Deicide only as crap like their recent album, Stench of Christian Analboylove and It Hurts, or whatever it's called.

That album is actually a decent one, i understand how unpopular that idiot Ralph Santolla is, but his guitar work must be admired, i enjoy it at least.
Come to think of it, this just proves how fake Deicide are even though their set of ideologies are unparalleled in power and anger.

February 26, 2007, 11:13:23 AM
most of these newer  Deicide fans I have known  prefer "Once upon a cross"  
I keep saying Legion legion legion but ... to no avail

I would take legion anyday, Once Upon A Cross is one heck of a silly album which is made of corny riffing and fast drumming all packed into a neat package...definately not their best.
The only people who prefer this album are ones who are focused on the mainstream style of playing, just listen to the title track, intelligent? No, stupid? Very.

February 26, 2007, 11:51:56 PM

That album is actually a decent one, i understand how unpopular that idiot Ralph Santolla is, but his guitar work must be admired, i enjoy it at least.
Come to think of it, this just proves how fake Deicide are even though their set of ideologies are unparalleled in power and anger.

I think it proves that they're good people worn down by society and now burned out. Their guitarwork may be decent now, but in the old days, their art was amazing. Now it's decent guitar work in crap art, which in ten years when you look back on it, won't add up to much at all.

February 27, 2007, 01:20:27 AM
A small subjective ranking of Deicide:

Deicide - Deicide: A
Deicide - Legion: A+
Deicide - Amon: A/A+
Deicide - Once Upon the Cross: B+
Deicide - Serpents of the Light: B
Deicide - Scars of the Crucifix: F
Deicide - In torment in Hell: F
Deicide - Insineratehymn: F

Do we need go on? Art is not binary, but whether it is a contender is: anything that is not shit might be considered, but dishonest and disorganized garbage shouldn't even be considered.

February 27, 2007, 05:18:32 AM
Check this out:

A great piece of read, thanks!