Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Deicide

ozz

Re: Deicide
February 04, 2011, 12:51:53 PM
You do have a point, however I do think that compositional ability & the mastery of an instrument go hand-in-hand.

I will concede that the compositional talents are questionable at times.

Regardless, I find parts of their early work highly enjoyable and I stand by my opinion of Suzuki being an ultra-talented multi-instrumentalist (and, I might add, the only reason why I would listen to Vital Remains).

February 04, 2011, 02:08:30 PM
There are better bands with better musicians and better composers out there.  Listen to those instead.

February 04, 2011, 05:11:21 PM
I stand by my opinion of Suzuki being an ultra-talented multi-instrumentalist (and, I might add, the only reason why I would listen to Vital Remains).
Dave Suzuki managed to single-handedly take a half decent Morbid Angel knock off band and turn them into a giant mess of blasting retardation.  The fact that he got them to cover Yngwie Malmsteen pretty much says all you need to know about him.  Yeah, he's technically proficient, but he can't write a fucking song to save his life.

February 05, 2011, 11:39:21 PM
I stand by my opinion of Suzuki being an ultra-talented multi-instrumentalist (and, I might add, the only reason why I would listen to Vital Remains).
Dave Suzuki managed to single-handedly take a half decent Morbid Angel knock off band and turn them into a giant mess of blasting retardation.  The fact that he got them to cover Yngwie Malmsteen pretty much says all you need to know about him.  Yeah, he's technically proficient, but he can't write a fucking song to save his life.

Yeah, I'm really more of a fan of the earlier Vital Remains material (when Dave wasn't as involved). The songwriting was more solid.

February 06, 2011, 09:57:35 AM

Yeah, I'm really more of a fan of the earlier Vital Remains material (when Dave wasn't as involved). The songwriting was more solid.
You mean like the first two albums before he was even in the band?  Because then I'd definitely agree.

February 06, 2011, 10:49:50 AM
Dave Suzuki managed to single-handedly take a half decent Morbid Angel knock off band and turn them into a giant mess of blasting retardation.  The fact that he got them to cover Yngwie Malmsteen pretty much says all you need to know about him.  Yeah, he's technically proficient, but he can't write a fucking song to save his life.

You mean like the first two albums before he was even in the band?  Because then I'd definitely agree.

Yessir. "Into Cold Darkness" is probably my favorite from VR. Though, granted their first two are the best, I heard some tracks off of "Dawn Of The Apocalypse" which sounded good; I'll probably investigate that album soon.

According to metal archives, Suzuki isn't even in the band anymore. Maybe they can produce better material now?

February 06, 2011, 12:10:07 PM
Yessir. "Into Cold Darkness" is probably my favorite from VR. Though, granted their first two are the best, I heard some tracks off of "Dawn Of The Apocalypse" which sounded good; I'll probably investigate that album soon.

According to metal archives, Suzuki isn't even in the band anymore. Maybe they can produce better material now?
I have basically given up on this band, but when I used to listen to them Into Cold Darkness was my favorite as well.  I doubt they will ever really accomplish anything further.

February 07, 2011, 04:35:53 AM

I have basically given up on this band, but when I used to listen to them Into Cold Darkness was my favorite as well.  I doubt they will ever really accomplish anything further.

You're probably right. Still, I always enjoy a good surprise.

February 07, 2011, 02:58:39 PM
Deicide - brainless metal

Vital Remains - brainless, flashy metal

February 07, 2011, 06:39:01 PM
Deicide - brainless metal

Vital Remains - brainless, flashy metal

Please, explain how Legion is brainless.

February 07, 2011, 07:30:51 PM
Exception to the rule.

Which explains why they can't be bothered to play it live anymore.