Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Sociopaths are fine.

Re: Sociopaths are fine.
March 03, 2012, 04:10:56 PM
So the arguement is that 'dysfunction' within a system or part of its development is naturally occuring, all the more so in a failing society. It's also natural for a healthy society to try and minimize dysfunction. So what's the point of sympathizing with the problem (unless you feel a part of it) ?

I don't really know if 'sympathizing' is the correct word here. More like 'acknowledging', but then not doing anything about it. Like I said, it's not a view I'm comfortable with, as in my mind certain kinds of sociopaths should be shot on sight.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

March 23, 2012, 06:20:43 PM
Sociopaths are, by nature, compulsively destructive to themselves and those around them. At least a bomb can be controlled.
Sententia Ex Nihilo

March 24, 2012, 11:42:44 PM
Sociopaths simply embrace that they lack empathy, require more stimulation to make up for creeping anhedonia, and therefore, tend to take advantage of those around them. So what? People deserve to be manipulated.
I wouldn't say that sociopaths "embrace" their lack of empathy. They simply have none (actually that's a gross oversimplification, but fuck it). Also, what they do goes beyond "taking advantage" of people. Butchering women and jacking off on their carcasses isn't exactly productive behavior, especially considering the means of selection for the sociopath are completely arbitrary.

Sociopaths are, by nature, compulsively destructive to themselves and those around them. At least a bomb can be controlled.
This, too.

March 26, 2012, 11:46:18 AM
Evolution made them the way they are, who am I to judge?

It seems to me that pragmatically, they aren't an issue until they cause too many problems. In which case, you deal with them like any other trouble-maker.

Well, if they're not causing trouble, then it's no trouble.

March 26, 2012, 01:14:07 PM
Evolution made them the way they are, who am I to judge?

A dysfunctional background made them the way they are. Cause and effect.

It seems to me that pragmatically, they aren't an issue until they cause too many problems. In which case, you deal with them like any other trouble-maker.

Well, if they're not causing trouble, then it's no trouble.

Usually they would have to come into correctional or mental health services to have been diagnosed as such, which means they were causing trouble or are liable to in the future.

March 26, 2012, 02:15:29 PM
There is no inherent issue with sociopathy. Sociopaths simply embrace that they lack empathy, require more stimulation to make up for creeping anhedonia, and therefore, tend to take advantage of those around them. So what? People deserve to be manipulated.

This topic mainly goes out to those of you who dislike sociopaths. What's so bad about them?

Part of evolution, in us we have selfish genes that try to be successful at the expense of other genes, in turn the same principal would and do apply within social cycles.
A battle axe!
A cleaver or whatever I need!

March 26, 2012, 09:03:25 PM
Fascinating discussion gents. I would say in a classic society sociopaths have distinct value in war and law enforcement. They could be used to do the things normal, healthy people find it difficult to do. In a more educated, modern society like what we should be striving for, their place within the social framework is harder to define.

Unlike homosexuality, which is a "deviance" from the norm, sociopaths are a predatory risk to everyone around them. Gays do no inherent harm, and even a propagation of gay culture to the point it is visible in public wouldn't make my children gay. Homosexuals are harmless. Leave them be. But a sociopath is different incarnation of deviance all together. They disguise themselves and exploit and injure those who get close. This in turn damages the social bonds of the entire society. They confirm the myths of "good" and "evil" by providing a tangible proof of inherent malevolence.
Lettin' nillas know.

I hope our aryan overlords will emerge form their l secret base below antartica and wipe all of those under 500 of IQ And don't have the ability to mindtravel into the Xerces Galaxy.