Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

New evidence suggests Stone Age hunters from Europe discovered America

NHA

lol @ all the butthurt comments below the article.

"Firsts" don't count for shit anyway. You can't own land in any real sense of the word - its only yours as long as you can enforce your dominion over it.

Sure yeah, but a lot of numbskull liberals love the "THE NATIVES OWNED ALL OF AMERICA AND EUROPEANS STOLE IT FRUM DEM"

even though the natives actually used an incredibly small amount of the land they lived on and didn't stray more than a handful of miles from it in most cases (excluding some of the more nomadic tribes)

It's a strange thing:
The indians knew about wheels, but never used them to get around.
I find that very interesting...
Squawk!

It's a strange thing:
The indians knew about wheels, but never used them to get around.
I find that very interesting...

Wheels cause wars man! The Indians were much smarter than us because they respected nature and stuff.
[/liberal response]

Wheels cause wars man! The Indians were much smarter than us because they respected nature and stuff.
[/liberal response]

That's funny, but there's possibly some truth in it, too.
Wheels may not cause wars, but certainly they render warfare exponentially more efficient (destructive).
Squawk!

[/liberal response]

That's funny, but there's possibly some truth in it, too.
Wheels may not cause wars, but certainly they render warfare exponentially more efficient (destructive).

Northern american indians didn't have horses until the Europeans arrived, nor did they ever domesticate any cattle or large animals so they had no animals to pull carriages. (contrary to the llama which was used in central and south america)

They had sleds that were pulled by domesticated dogs, that's pretty cool.

I appreciate certain aspects of their culture, but it isn't like the native americans had a monopoly on nature revering or anything for that matter.

Probably not worth mentioning, but I find some of the overly simplified arguments people present incredibly funny.

They wrap it up to be as chock full of pathos (often around an emotion they feel very strong about that may not actually be relevant) as they can and then slap it in your face with a smug grin...

Then you look at them and smile and they get instantly furious about how much of an idiot you are for not falling for their trick.

They had sleds that were pulled by domesticated dogs, that's pretty cool.

I appreciate certain aspects of their culture, but it isn't like the native americans had a monopoly on nature revering or anything for that matter.

Probably not worth mentioning, but I find some of the overly simplified arguments people present incredibly funny.

They wrap it up to be as chock full of pathos (often around an emotion they feel very strong about that may not actually be relevant) as they can and then slap it in your face with a smug grin...

Then you look at them and smile and they get instantly furious about how much of an idiot you are for not falling for their trick.

I hope this argument isn't too overly simplified or emotion-driven for you but sleds don't have wheels, do they? Because that was what was being discussed there, why Indians didn't use wheels...

Could just be my eyes, but I don't see any wheels on that thing ^^

:)

I do see numbers on the sled. Those native-indians sure were smart, weren't they? Studying their algebra while speeding at 12mph.

Could just be my eyes, but I don't see any wheels on that thing ^^ :)

It's not for me to say, but eye-tests are quite useful things.
Failing that, a scanning-electron microscope, which clearly reveals the presence of a great many wheel-like things....
Squawk!