Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Sorcier Des Glaces Snowland MMXII teaser

Sorcier Des Glaces Snowland MMXII teaser
March 08, 2012, 03:35:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVHRvnCTZGA&feature=youtu.be

Seems to just be similar production to the most recent effort. I will probably get hold of this simply because the Purressence of Primitive Forests was a disappointment for me.
In a state of permanent Abyss

Re: Sorcier Des Glaces Snowland MMXII teaser
March 22, 2012, 09:20:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVHRvnCTZGA&feature=youtu.be

Seems to just be similar production to the most recent effort. I will probably get hold of this simply because the Purressence of Primitive Forests was a disappointment for me.

You learn to deal with poor production when you listen to old metal, but if there's one old album that needs a re-do it's this one.  I've grown to appreciate the quirks of lots of the oldies, but this one was just ridiculous.  I'll look forward to hear how this whole thing sounds at the end of the day.
His Majesty at the Swamp / Black Arts Lead to Everlasting Sins / Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism / Oath of Black Blood / Privilege of Evil / Dawn of Possession / In Battle There is No Law / Thousand Swords / To Mega Therion

March 23, 2012, 01:01:00 AM
There's a lot more to production aesthetic than simply recording in high fidelity, and more importantly I hope they can play it in the same spirit as the original. Nevertheless I do look forward to hearing it even if I'm always skeptical of this sort of thing, hoping I won't have to add it to the same bin where the latest Burzum or Stormblåst MMV ended up.

March 23, 2012, 02:27:53 AM
I like The Puressence but can see how it might be too atmospheric for many. It's hard to get a handle on. Looking forward to this re-release, wish this label would stop fucking around and just put out regular releases (not limited, etc).

March 23, 2012, 05:35:01 PM
I haven't had a reason to buy a metal album in a while, so I'm really looking forward to this.
Sententia Ex Nihilo

March 24, 2012, 11:51:10 PM
I haven't had a reason to buy a metal album in a while, so I'm really looking forward to this.

FAGGOT

Go buy the new DEMONCY, the new LORD WIND (when it hits Amazon.com), DIVINE EVE, BEHERIT, BLASPHERIAN and BIRTH A.D.

After that, you can complain like a midget feminist all you want! :)

March 25, 2012, 05:02:34 AM

FAGGOT

Go buy the new DEMONCY, the new LORD WIND (when it hits Amazon.com), DIVINE EVE, BEHERIT, BLASPHERIAN and BIRTH A.D.

After that, you can complain like a midget feminist all you want! :)
Demoncy and Beherit on order. I'll look into the rest.
Sententia Ex Nihilo

Fantastic.

This project has been busy. An EP out in April called 'Monuments Anciens', another new album due in June, along with Snowland MMXIII end of May.

Saw these guys when they opened for Lady Gaga. F-ing sweet.
I don't know about you guys, but I love my under-120s. They're so cute and funny. Just yesterday one stole my GPS unit and another one took a dump in my yard. Ha ha, they're such cards.

Finally got a chance to spin this all the way through. I remember years ago a senior forum member played this album for me prefacing it with, "This is the most over-dramatic music ever conceived."

Realistically I think Sorcier Des Glaces is the most promising act for Black Metal today. Musically I think the riffcraft evokes indisputable visions of the natural world in all of it's beauty, savagery and melancholic cycles of death and rebirth. Lyrically this one-dimensional flow seems to reinforce the assault of might and empowerment. Triumphantly, this like the previous album ends with more left to be said. This duo has proven their ability to recreate and regenerate each output after another, and for those that love this style of melody- I can't see how this could ever get old. The original Snowland has been a favorite for as long as I can remember; right now I like this new vision of the classic.
"I hung there on a cross as you are hanging, and I lived, thanks to circumstances and a stamina peculiar to barbarians. But you civilised men are soft; your lives are not nailed to your spines as are ours. Your fortitude consists mainly in inflicting torment, not in enduring it. You will be dead before sundown." - REH