Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Anders Breivik insane?

Anders Breivik insane?
March 10, 2012, 02:14:23 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2111833/Anders-Breivik-killed-77-people-sent-prison.html

Interesting news, maybe even predictable. By labelling him insane the powers that be can wholly disregard every element of the reason why. I'm not supporting him, but see the occurence as cause and effect. His was an extreme reaction to an increasingly dysfunctional society.

NHA

Re: Anders Breivik insane?
March 10, 2012, 12:51:05 PM
I consider him more delusional than insane.

Terrorism seems mostly pointless anyway, the crowd tends to always miss the point one way or another.

Have you looked at his list of victims btw? I honestly only feel sorry for one or two of them - most seemed pretty expendable.

March 10, 2012, 09:05:51 PM
Sort-of a no-go topic, this one.
He did what he did, for the reasons he had.
I may have opinions about this, but I cautiously avoid suicidal acts.

March 12, 2012, 02:38:43 AM
I just thought the outcome of this case bares familiar parallels to that of Theodore Kaczynski, who was at the time diagnosed with Schizophrenia. It's an easy way to disarm any dissenting ideological agenda.

March 13, 2012, 01:19:05 AM
You're right, of course. And the topic is an interesting one.
But given the nature of knee-jerkers, everywhere, some things are wisely left to private convictions.
That's the safe course, and the safe course is often the one to take in order to survive.
Look what happened to some of those people who took issue with Islam.
But the safe course is not always the one that counts :)
You can count, or you can live long.
Rarely both.

March 13, 2012, 03:13:35 AM
I'm glad he did what he did, and kudos to him for accomplishing his goals in life.