Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Stoned to death for being an emo

Re: Stoned to death for being an emo
March 15, 2012, 09:56:38 AM
I wanted to write a flippant comment but I cannot top the actual reality of events.

Here you go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fphDnT36W4w

No need to thank me.

March 15, 2012, 11:52:32 AM
Emo youngsters need serious growing up / reality orientation, but brutal killing?

Yes.

The people who are attracted to emo never had souls anyway.

Send the bodies back, see if you can reincarnate someone useful instead.

Everything about emo reeks of self-pity, self-drama and other prole emotions.

If we killed them all, what would we lose?

...crickets...

Exactly. We're not losing future Beethovens here. We're losing future metrosexual barristas.

March 17, 2012, 10:13:32 PM
Emo youngsters need serious growing up / reality orientation, but brutal killing?

Yes.

...crickets...

Exactly. We're not losing future Beethovens here. We're losing future metrosexual barristas.

wow...i really can't tell if this is a serious post, or sarcasm.

or maybe i'm getting too old for this type of humor.

March 17, 2012, 11:47:29 PM
If there is diseased growth, shear it off. It's trash, not life with any sort of promising future. There are a gajillion eight hundred and forty people over there anyway. Who would miss 'em?
”The Revolution ends by devouring its own children” – Jacques Mallet du Pan, 1793

March 18, 2012, 07:18:20 AM
The emo's seem to have three major options,

1. Stop being emo.
2. Become more aggressive.
3. Die.

2 seems to me like it would lead to 1. If they were to assert themselves and win in a fight that meant they saved their own life I'd imagine it would be eye opening for them. Enough so that they would probably wake up the next day and just forget to put on their mascara.

March 19, 2012, 01:30:09 PM
I think we should crucify them. They will probably be good with it, they get to be Jesus for a couple days.
but i'm not sure if i can tinkle in front of a crowd.

March 19, 2012, 02:26:49 PM
I've heard that the attacks aren't because these people are "emo" - per se, but because they are perceived as homosexual. The whole situation reminds me of those events in Mexico a few years back.

I support the eradication of emo kids, but I don't want to condone gang killing of homosexuals. Can anyone confirm/deny this?
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

March 19, 2012, 06:37:18 PM
I'm a nihilist. I have no morality. If the Iranians want to kill every homosexual in Iran, I have no opinion on the topic.

From a practical perspective, it might be a bad idea. Something has gone wrong (biologically) if you turn out gay. But if your society kills homosexuals, the homosexuals will go undercover and will then father children, passing on those confused genes.

All I want out of life is the ability to live by my own values. I want to find a city or town where people are of like minds about what is permitted and what is not. For example, some may not want homosexuals in the town. I would have no objection to living there, because I'm not gay.
but i'm not sure if i can tinkle in front of a crowd.

March 19, 2012, 08:10:26 PM
In a land, far, far away, things are not as some think they should be.
But whatever those people think of events in a land, far, far away, thinking it changes nothing.
If those people are so hot to change anything, about anything, it makes far more sense to focus on what is within reach, and within sight.
One's influence only extends out to one's own horizon.
If you can see it, you may be able to influence it.
If you can't see it, leave it to those who can.

Squawk!

March 19, 2012, 10:21:21 PM
Homosexuality is Nature's population control. By eliminating gays, we are making more room for breeders to do what they've been overdoing best. Iraqis seem to be uninformed on population control.

March 20, 2012, 01:55:34 AM
I'm a nihilist. I have no morality. If the Iranians want to kill every homosexual in Iran, I have no opinion on the topic.

From a practical perspective, it might be a bad idea. Something has gone wrong (biologically) if you turn out gay. But if your society kills homosexuals, the homosexuals will go undercover and will then father children, passing on those confused genes.

All I want out of life is the ability to live by my own values. I want to find a city or town where people are of like minds about what is permitted and what is not. For example, some may not want homosexuals in the town. I would have no objection to living there, because I'm not gay.

^
insightful

In a land, far, far away, things are not as some think they should be.
But whatever those people think of events in a land, far, far away, thinking it changes nothing.
If those people are so hot to change anything, about anything, it makes far more sense to focus on what is within reach, and within sight.
One's influence only extends out to one's own horizon.
If you can see it, you may be able to influence it.
If you can't see it, leave it to those who can.

Okay, on the one hand, you make a great point. It makes sense to first make changes in one's own personal life and local community before making changes on a national or global level. It also makes sense to not be a bleeding heart liberal humanist who gets hot over a micro tragedy that happened on the other side of the globe. God knows we have enough losers who can't even get their own lives together whining about social issues in the village of Dirteehutville, Africa.

But on the other hand, you don't make any sense. I can't "see" the toxic landfill leachate that's going to leak into the river a few blocks from my house in 20 - 30 years from now when the protective liner underneath degrades and fails to hold. I can't "see" the connection between peak oil and the sky rocketing costs of basic medical supplies which will greatly affect modern medicine and public health, let alone my future career. My brother can't "see" the way acid rain from coal-fired power plants affects his asthma. So, just because an event is in the future, or further than the horizon, does not mean we just lay back with a teenage-like "outta sight, outta mind" "not my problem" attitude.

Everyone here is intelligent and amoral (not immoral, but moral based on practicality and reality, not emotion and dogma). No one here is trying to morally 1up the other guy with humanistic concern. The discussion is not so much about this specific incident in Iraq, but about the principle: As globalization dies down, and local cultures and communities spring up once again, how should unwelcome members be dealt with? (See: Part IV of the Parallelism Primer.)
"It is not the language of painters but the language of nature which one should listen to, the feeling for the things themselves, for reality, is more important than the feeling for pictures." - Van Gogh

March 20, 2012, 02:26:59 AM
The OP was about an item in the news.
My comment commented on the way many readers the news item presumably read it.
At no time did I mention anyone here, on this forum, all of whom are what you say they are.
It was a comment.
I commented.
My view.
Mine.
Etc.
Squawk!

March 20, 2012, 03:45:17 AM
Homosexuality is Nature's population control. By eliminating gays, we are making more room for breeders to do what they've been overdoing best. Iranians seem to be uninformed on population control.

Cheers. This is a good way of thinking about it. The whole Islamic world is uninformed about a lot of things; I view the whole stinking belief system as worthless.

I'm a nihilist. I have no morality.

Something has gone wrong (biologically) if you turn out gay.

You just inserted your morals when you called it wrong. It's not "wrong", even in a biological sense. Nature isn't right or wrong; it just is. Same with homosexuality. It occurs naturally, and it just is. I get the feeling that some here may have a strong opinion one way and are trying to veil it. I'd rather people just said what they felt instead of trying to hide it.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

March 20, 2012, 01:32:44 PM

Yes.

...crickets...

wow...i really can't tell if this is a serious post, or sarcasm.

or maybe i'm getting too old for this type of humor.

No, I'm just a low drama person who states what is realistic.

What would we lose?

Answer the question. Most people are afraid to, but it's the vital question here.

If I said, "Euthanize all the felons," the important question is "what do we lose" not "how does this make me look to others."