Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Nationalism in black metal

Nationalism in black metal
March 12, 2012, 07:02:37 AM
DLA view: black metal is romanticism, which includes but is not limited to nationalism (ethnic-cultural self-determination & integralism)

http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28913

Re: Nationalism in black metal
March 27, 2012, 06:17:49 AM
You should not be posting on that forum. The people there are burnouts who have become metal hipsters. Look at the signs, which are straight out of Lord of the Flies.

1. Arbitrary but non-rigorous procedure to get account approved.
2. Slavish adoration of bands that all sounds the same.
3. Flirting with dangerous ideas like whitey power
4. In-group composed of codes and "favorite bands"

Those people aren't the master race, they're the dropouts of society.

March 27, 2012, 06:46:53 AM
You should not be posting on that forum. The people there are burnouts who have become metal hipsters. Look at the signs, which are straight out of Lord of the Flies.

1. Arbitrary but non-rigorous procedure to get account approved.
2. Slavish adoration of bands that all sounds the same.
3. Flirting with dangerous ideas like whitey power
4. In-group composed of codes and "favorite bands"

Those people aren't the master race, they're the dropouts of society.

Agreed.  The increasing mainstream popularity of nationalism and inequality in metal may seem like a welcome change, but take into account that these are just novelties to the average hipster metalhead.  Once deemed stagnant and tired imagery by the masses, (in a matter of months, at best...) such themes will only be considered more "obsolete" than ever before.

March 28, 2012, 10:55:49 AM
I believe American Nationalism was for the most part better expressed by hardcore punk bands, I suppose it should be unsurprising because unlike metal, punk originated here (Iggy Pop, The Ramones).

March 28, 2012, 04:48:24 PM
I disagree, if at least 2-3 smart people are lurking on that forum it is worth promoting good metal there.

Discourse poisoning is effective but it has to be attended to regularly so the target area turns into a wellspring of your/your group's views. I don't believe the idea that the hipsters will take and run with it for a few months then drop it for something else. That hasn't happened to modern values for two centuries in no small part because of constant, widespread discourse poisoning against traditional viewpoints. Now the universities and the deliberation halls of government are tainted wellsprings.

March 28, 2012, 06:35:28 PM
I believe American Nationalism was for the most part better expressed by hardcore punk bands

Who?

March 28, 2012, 07:03:19 PM
I love how many people on that forum seem to think NSBM started in the late '90s.

BM's had its share of Nationalism since '89 (or earlier, if you take Quorthon's Viking Phase as being the instigation of the whole shebang).

I reckon all of you guys have seen the Dino Burger letters with swastikas planted all over them.

March 29, 2012, 08:33:41 AM
BM and the N S M B thing are impossible to fully separate, but when bands become identifiably NS they become identifiable with MS.