Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Voyager Golden METAL Record

Voyager Golden METAL Record
March 14, 2012, 05:40:57 PM
http://voyager.jpl.nasa.gov/spacecraft/goldenrec.html

The question arises what metal would I preserve so much that it would belong to the universe and not only humanity?

YES

1. Sepultura - Morbid Visions/Bestial Devastation - pure subconscious nervous energy and poetry of conflict, totally historical viewpoint.
2. Incantation - Onward to Golgotha - total death metal perfection.
3. Slayer - Hell Awaits - raw spirit

NO

1. Black Sabbath - didn't stand up well over time. Two-riff one-bridge songs are yawn.
2. Metallica - maybe send "Orion," other than that, now bored.
3. Burzum - maybe "My Journey to the Stars," but the rest seems too emo now
4. Judas Priest - too normal
5. Absu - too uneven
6. anything new after 1994 - too shitty

Re: Voyoager Golden METAL Record
March 15, 2012, 06:29:45 AM
NO

Fucking revisionism! The first four are still perfect albums.

How hard is it to ignore a bands later out put? God knows one has to with the three you chose (especially Sepultura).

March 15, 2012, 12:02:43 PM
God knows one has to with the three you chose (especially Sepultura).

No divine being should be subjected to later Sepultura.

However, that's kind of a generic insult... what metal band doesn't drift into total shit later in their career? Metal is a youth-genre and people over age 28 can barely relate.

March 16, 2012, 02:02:00 AM
Metal is a youth-genre and people over age 28 can barely relate.

Interestingly enough, there are only two people in my life I have felt were worthy of aquaintance with the art of black metal and they were both about 28 at the time. Both were never exposed to any metal previously but were familiar with classical literature, and had an underlying sense of the downfall of humanity and the world. I thought it was great to have seen intelligent outsiders have such a great reception to it as previously I would have agreed that you can't really appreciate it unless you grew up with it.

Re: Voyager Golden METAL Record
March 17, 2012, 05:53:28 PM
Graveland - Following the voice of blood. - It have the raw and epic spirit of the pagans.
Therion - Beyond Sanctorum. Beauty in darkness

MLK

March 18, 2012, 04:01:11 PM
http://voyager.jpl.nasa.gov/spacecraft/goldenrec.html

The question arises what metal would I preserve so much that it would belong to the universe and not only humanity?

YES

1. Sepultura - Morbid Visions/Bestial Devastation - pure subconscious nervous energy and poetry of conflict, totally historical viewpoint.
2. Incantation - Onward to Golgotha - total death metal perfection.
3. Slayer - Hell Awaits - raw spirit

NO

1. Black Sabbath - didn't stand up well over time. Two-riff one-bridge songs are yawn.
2. Metallica - maybe send "Orion," other than that, now bored.
4. Judas Priest - too normal
5. Absu - too uneven
6. anything new after 1994 - too shitty

Being brutally honest, I've no contentions with either the Yes or No list. I'd possibly add: The Red in the Sky is Ours, Nespithe and maybe Mental Funeral. Other than that, ready for take off.

March 18, 2012, 05:23:39 PM
I'd replace Sepultura with Blasphemy's "Darkness Prevails/Desecration" for something of pure subconscious nervous energy and poetry of conflict.

Or maybe Fallen Angel of Doom, if you want something a bit more upbeat.

March 19, 2012, 03:17:33 AM
Immortal - Pure Holocaust.

If I knew nothing of planet earth and i lived on some space station,  I would fantasize about epic mountains, black skies and all the chaos mother nature is capable of.  This album embraces all beauty and ugliness of the north. I would choose this above all the OP's albums because it has nothing to do with the hocus pocus man-made religion, Christianity. All its ties are to the beauty of mother north, something worth keeping around for eternity.