Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

No cultural direction = Perverted definition of art

When you hand your culture over to destroyers, what is beautiful is ultimately perverted and redefined so that almost anything can be deemed as "art". This is in part due to the mass-man not wanting to be offended by his lack of adequacy at creating things that are of worth or requires a lifetime of dedication and commitment. 

Art is taken out of the master's realm and left with the hipster and the every-man. Since we have no real culture, we have no real direction in which our art is to go or even what is to be achieved through it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9lmvX00TLY&feature=player_embedded#!

Are we doomed to an artistic hell? Is there hope left?

NHA

Wtf is this bitch doing...
God I want so bad for there to be spring snakes inside.....
Ok its open.... and.... nothing...
Ok well this is the internet: the supreme grand creator of goatse and 2girls1cup. Maybe shes gonna do something with it that would make Marquis de Sade cringe. 
Man, i hate tomato paste.
I wonder if that chick on the left in the second row gives good head... or center second row.. man second row has all the best vag.
I have a zippo lighter in my jacket i wonder if that shit shes rubbing on herself is flammable.
What would i do if i was there in person? I think pissing on the audience would be kinda amusing.
I think i could get good distance...

... but i'm not sure if i can tinkle in front of a crowd.
Note to self: research urinating in front of spectators; there is clear potential for future applications. 
Why are these idiots clapping?
Man i should start a doomsday cult and get these people to join me.

I think we should sell these useless but attractive objects to the Arabs. We don't need them. They contribute nothing.

EDIT:

THIS WOMAN IS COMPLETELY USELESS. IT JUST TOOK HER TWO MINUTES TO OPEN A CAN.
She must like having blacks and Mexicans to cook and serve her food. She will talk to them about equality and then pay them $4/hour. She needs cheap noodles so she can be an artist, you see.

Even the hipsters look nervous, like the video is capturing their faces for hunt-kill operations. Good. Fear us, hipsters. We will drink your blood.

but i'm not sure if i can tinkle in front of a crowd.

The best thing ever posted on this forum...

Good heavens.
Maybe the camera-human missed the exact moment a nuclear explosion consumed everything outside of the camera's view.
No wonder the - ah - crowd was clapping.
I would clap too.

MLK

"yeah! art!" derp.

best bit of the whole video was watching this chimp slowly discover the use of thumbs. reminded me of this: http://youtu.be/6Oe_qPcTnz0?t=36s

Video makes me lose hope for European descendents.

If we all devolve into hipsters I hope the Chinese put us out of our misery.

hahahahaha that's EXACTLY what I was thinking! At first I thought it might've been part of the performance but she just was struggling. Bitch can't even open up a fucking can! How worthless. This "performance" "art" is pure garbage.

I've never seen a room more full of people I want to punch in the mouth.

In a world of instant mental masturbation through electronic media, lack of survival pressures to keep us busy, and the equally weird, ritualistic and ridiculous cultural traditions of religion being "lame" this is how humans behave. But really, it isn't that different than smearing cow blood all over yourself and doing a rain dance, eating and drinking the pretend blood of a deity, painting your face like a dead person and throwing guts on the crowd or whatever other ritual or cultural practice human beings have practiced since we stood upright. This is just what people do. Now we just do it for fun and opposed to actually thinking it will rain when we're done.

We could post dozens of videos of shit that isn't any more or any less valid that are merely old cultural traditions and steeped in mythology. I am not defending this video. Or attacking it. It is a waste of time and provides me with no value. In itself it doesn't entertain or educate me. I wouldn't clap if I were in that room. I don't think it is an absolute sign of the Western apocalypse either. It is just a natural behavior stemming from the inborn instincts of humans to do rituals and to watch people doing weird shit and derive enjoyment or meaning. I don't see it as anything else but a manifestation of religious tendencies from modern people.

This video in a way does educate me and provide some value, simply in giving perspective on the value humans place on performances in person vs through electronic media. To entertain our generation with pictures, we now need to create movies like Avatar, but to entertain us in person, we still can smear tomato paste and speak in tongues to get the juices flowing. The entire room erupted in applause to that in person. The reaction to it in the comments and the like/dislike meter is wholly negative though. If I were there, I would intently watch to see what happened. But I had to skip through the video on youtube to even finish it.

I am wasting time myself. I am going to be late to a small standup comedy show where I will tell jokes that will make everyone laugh that outside that context would offend or confuse them otherwise.

“A last supper” by Lorna May Wadworth.  Unveiled on St. George’s Day (April 23rd) 2011 as altar painting at St. George Church in Nailsworth, Gloucestershire.

'Art' has long been seen, by aspiring 'artists', as a way to get rich for doing as little as possible.
Especially among musicians.
It's easy to see why.

But really, it isn't that different than smearing cow blood all over yourself and doing a rain dance, eating and drinking the pretend blood of a deity,

It is incredibly different. One serves a higher purpose. One is simply a leftist being an asshole for no real reason.

I have a hard time perceiving the supposed symbolism in any 'art demonstration'. People want symbolism, so they do just about everything to make it up.. in the end all that remains is a doofus black metal poser playing possum on a torn up white couch, covered in red food coloring.

A ride on the ego rocket.

All I see is easy prey.

If this is "science," then it only makes sense that this would be "art."

I wonder if that chick on the left in the second row gives good head... or center second row.. man second row has all the best vag.

Those women will be frigid and clammy in bed, and give toothy head very reluctantly. That is the nature of the self-important uptight liberal feminist at a major university. If you want a good blowjob, ask the guys in girl jeans.

NHA

“A last supper” by Lorna May Wadworth.  Unveiled on St. George’s Day (April 23rd) 2011 as altar painting at St. George Church in Nailsworth, Gloucestershire.

So its Jim Morrison to the right of black Jesus? Keanu Reeves on the left. Steve Buscemi to the right of Jim. And i think i saw the guy to the left of Keanu on Conan O'Brien once.