Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Songs about death

Songs about death
March 28, 2012, 02:10:49 AM
I don't really think there's anything that tops Dirt in the Ground by Tom Waits.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm3LEmFFj2g

This comes close
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q-QH1XiCQw

Re: Songs about death
March 29, 2012, 02:37:46 PM
Tom Waits is an occasional guilty pleasure for me based on nothing more than my admiration for the genius that was The Wire. This song is amazing. Thanks for the recommendation. The uninitiated : avoid - Varg would say it's "negroid" music. You bettah stick wit that ol time Burzum.

I have listened to countless songs about Death but I find most of them admire death in a such a way as to hide from the nature ultimate mortality. If only death is real, and there indeed is no afterlife, we must embrace it as an ally and hide inside it from its true nature.

I fear death as I am naturally supposed to do. I find that contemplating it makes me rationalize death will only be a negative to me while I am still alive, and as such it is pointless to fear it as I will not experience unpleasantness afterwards. I would not experience afterwards. There would be a void fundamentally undescribable to the point even saying "there would" is a misnomer as there wouldn't be anything from my perspective, and my perspective would no longer have validity. But I have a natural self preservation instinct that always overrides this.

I do not know how I would treat the death of a sibling or child without the belief of any afterlife process. I imagine I would have to rationalize that even if they died in utter agony and horror, they experience nothing beyond my comprehension now, so my sadness is only a selfish imposition of their value through my genetic requirement to provide, and their value to me would be equally recreated by having a new child in their stead. Since they have terminated, continuing to waste emotional energy on them is invalid. Hold a fond memory, but move on.

thinking yourself in circles like this only serves to prove how belief in Hell-for-Suicide and heaven serves humanity.
Lettin' nillas know.

I hope our aryan overlords will emerge form their l secret base below antartica and wipe all of those under 500 of IQ And don't have the ability to mindtravel into the Xerces Galaxy.

March 30, 2012, 01:16:33 AM
I have a friend who is a widow. for months after her husband's death she would have frequent breakdowns. I was with her for one of them. among all the incoherent things she said with all of her crying and shaking, there was one thing  that i'll always remember. "I had sex with him... and now he is gone". This blew my mind. I still can't sort it out. I started looking at everyone I knew and thinking "this person will die one day..". I pushed myself to realize it in the most non-passive way possible. then imagining how i would feel if they died. I'd look at random people on the subway and think about their mortality. It drove me nuts. I still do this frequently.

March 30, 2012, 02:08:56 AM

March 30, 2012, 03:51:50 AM
I don't really think there's anything that tops Dirt in the Ground by Tom Waits.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm3LEmFFj2g

Holy fuck, that was intense.

Post more ancient afroed proletariat music.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

March 30, 2012, 03:56:48 AM
I have a friend who is a widow. for months after her husband's death she would have frequent breakdowns. I was with her for one of them. among all the incoherent things she said with all of her crying and shaking, there was one thing  that i'll always remember. "I had sex with him... and now he is gone". This blew my mind. I still can't sort it out. I started looking at everyone I knew and thinking "this person will die one day..". I pushed myself to realize it in the most non-passive way possible. then imagining how i would feel if they died. I'd look at random people on the subway and think about their mortality. It drove me nuts. I still do this frequently.

I do the same thing when looking at random strangers, and I've wondered how exactly I'd feel if someone I had sex with died. We form special bonds during sex. Women doubly so, which is why it bothered your friend so much. I could see it weirding me out and even bothering me.

But my emotional response could vary immensely depending on who exactly died.
Lettin' nillas know.

I hope our aryan overlords will emerge form their l secret base below antartica and wipe all of those under 500 of IQ And don't have the ability to mindtravel into the Xerces Galaxy.

March 30, 2012, 09:14:57 AM
Hahaha, wow.

Call me unnatural, but the realisation that I will die didn't phase me in the slightest.  Rather than a "fear of the beyond", I simply have a strong desire/will not to die before I've accomplished what I want to accomplish.  There are a few people whose deaths would cause problems for me at the moment, and I'm sure others will be added to that list at various points in my life, but many will ultimately be removed when I see that the time for their death is approaching.

Of the women I've slept with, I'd be saddened by any of their deaths, but wouldn't consider the "sex" part of the relationship to be noteworthy even in passing (but then, I've never slept with a woman I didn't adore/love, and that bond is far stronger than any of the internal results of intercourse).

March 30, 2012, 09:34:14 AM
I'm not sure if I've realised yet that I'm going to die.

The deaths of those close to me (or even just the thought thereof) causes me a great deal of anguish though from time to time.

March 30, 2012, 09:37:59 AM
I'm not sure if I've realised yet that I'm going to die.

The deaths of those close to me (or even just the thought thereof) causes me a great deal of anguish though from time to time.

Some people say they gonna die some day, I got news ya never got to go.
Lettin' nillas know.

March 30, 2012, 12:05:36 PM
Immortality, you say...

Working on it.

March 30, 2012, 01:10:56 PM
uncle ted said that baby
Lettin' nillas know.

March 30, 2012, 06:37:13 PM

I do the same thing when looking at random strangers, and I've wondered how exactly I'd feel if someone I had sex with died. We form special bonds during sex. Women doubly so, which is why it bothered your friend so much. I could see it weirding me out and even bothering me.

But my emotional response could vary immensely depending on who exactly died.
The sex thing is interesting because that's pretty much the highest euphoric point a person can get to, and its from a shared bond with another body. I think my friend realized at that point the transitory nature of people. From birth everybody tends to see themselves as the protagonist in a movie about them. Other people just come and go. To truly fall in love is to actually take the focus off yourself and to put it on another temprorary human, who is destined to die like you. Modern people don't do this often which is why their relationships tend to be more like ego exchanges.

March 31, 2012, 02:20:03 PM
Dead
Stiff and cold
In your box
To decay
Dead

videos about death
March 31, 2012, 06:01:01 PM
This reminds me of another discussion I recently took part in about snuff videos. When I was young, angry and excessively metal, sure they were cool, whatever, but I always have had a hard time watching executions, brutal beheadings and senseless murders of innocents.  I hate beheadings especially, because I can't help but put myself in their shoes and the agony they're feeling. The gargling desperation of a slashed Russian throat under a Chechnyan boot. Shit creeps me out. I don't like to disturb myself with that nonsense anymore. I am not maladjusted. I don't like obsessing too much on my mortality.

Slayer understands.

Necrophobic, can't control the paranoia, scared to die.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvziImJZRkw

Sitting alone creepily getting off on brutal killings is a sign of serious psychological problems, but sometimes these videos have educational value. When my kids start driving, I'll take five minutes to show them some after math footage. Every American should be forced to watch an hour of Iraq and Afghanistan war videos so they can truly understand what the fuck we're really doing over there. Maybe then society would actually ask why with intellectual honesty. Once we've figured out what the lies are, then we would figure out who the liars are.

From a strictly entertainment perspective, gun fights between gangstas are still pretty cool to check out from time to time. It is always awesome to see a shopkeep smoke a robber or a brilliant headshot from a sniper on a hostage taker.

If anyone knows of any authentic sword fighting videos please, please share. I think all of us would greatly appreciate those.
Lettin' nillas know.