Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Songs about death

Re: videos about death
April 02, 2012, 04:10:10 AM

This reminds me of another discussion I recently took part in about snuff videos. When I was young, angry and excessively metal, sure they were cool, whatever, but I always have had a hard time watching executions, brutal beheadings and senseless murders of innocents.  I hate beheadings especially, because I can't help but put myself in their shoes and the agony they're feeling. The gargling desperation of a slashed Russian throat under a Chechnyan boot. Shit creeps me out. I don't like to disturb myself with that nonsense anymore. I am not maladjusted. I don't like obsessing too much on my mortality.

Slayer understands.

Necrophobic, can't control the paranoia, scared to die.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvziImJZRkw

Sitting alone creepily getting off on brutal killings is a sign of serious psychological problems, but sometimes these videos have educational value. When my kids start driving, I'll take five minutes to show them some after math footage. Every American should be forced to watch an hour of Iraq and Afghanistan war videos so they can truly understand what the fuck we're really doing over there. Maybe then society would actually ask why with intellectual honesty. Once we've figured out what the lies are, then we would figure out who the liars are.

From a strictly entertainment perspective, gun fights between gangstas are still pretty cool to check out from time to time. It is always awesome to see a shopkeep smoke a robber or a brilliant headshot from a sniper on a hostage taker.

[/i]If anyone knows of any authentic sword fighting videos please, please share. I think all of us would greatly appreciate those. [/i]

J.G. Ballard's covered this in his novel Crash. Getting off on atrocities is an attempt at adaptation, I think.
Humans do have natural bloodlust. It comes from our apeish past. The Vikings romanticised it and made it a part of their religion. Modern people celebrate it through movies and videogames.

We also have empathy, love, and all those "girly things". I'm becoming increasingly partial to those over the years, but those hippies and new agers have got it all fucking wrong. They love the flowers but can't accept the dirt they grow in.

Humanity is definitely at a crossroads. Where we go from here is anyone's guess. There have been many attempts to direct it. (ANUS being one.)

Re: Songs about death
April 02, 2012, 09:10:08 PM
"those hippies and new agers have got it all fucking wrong. They love the flowers but can't accept the dirt they grow in."

Well said. They supposedly love nature but they don't have any clue about it or they try to hide it from their eyes to not see the truth.

As for songs about death, just listen to the whole "Horrified" album by Repulsion.

April 02, 2012, 09:11:48 PM
"Horrified" album by Repulsion.

Good call, been about five years since I have that a spin, but I can still recall how it sounds. Typified American Grindcore of the period.

April 03, 2012, 10:20:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpZjoDnj7Po

Bells of damnation ring for me
I can see the clouds of misery
The endless search for immortality
This dying world is all I can see

Curse of loneliness and pain
Inside my head the past appear
Remember the day's of happiness
All that is left is fear
The light is slowly fading away
No reason for me to stay
See the light again I must
Can't see nothing I walk through the dust
No fear of tomorrow
Because there is none
End of all life
Dark is the sun

The smell in the air is so strange
But there's nothing I can change
How long will I stand the pain
Will I die before I go insane

I wonder if there's anything beyond
Is there any hope for me at all
Now it's time for me to pass away
I can hear the bells of death call!

Bells of damnation ring for me
I can see the clouds of misery
The endless search for immortality
This dying world is all I can see

April 03, 2012, 11:49:20 PM
This comes close
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q-QH1XiCQw

Comes close? This was eerily affecting and incredibly powerful; partially because of the lyrics, and partially because of how sparse the song is. Anything you could recommend listening to from this fellow?