Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Napalm Death "Utilitarian" & Terrorizer "Hordes of Zombies"

Christ...how many times can these older bands write the same paint-by-numbers albums? The same songs??  Both the videos in the link were instantly mind-numbing!! Truth be told, I've never really loved either band(nothing from ND after the 80s), but that's beside the point !

Napalm hasn't put out a solid album since "Utopia Banished". Those covers releases they did were fun, and "The Code Is Red" had a couple of cool tracks, but by and large I avoid their new stuff like the plague.

I've heard a bit from the new Terrorizer; sounds pretty good, only wish the vocals weren't so one dimensional. It's a definite improvement over "Darker Days Ahead".

Harmony Corruption is probably their "best" album and the one I'd keep out of their catalog, while Scum is probably the album I've listened to the most in my life. Then there are a bunch of offensive albums. A quick listen to this video reveals something that could function as background music. Where I said something like Onward is too good to stay in the background, this shit is too whatever to exist in anywhere but the background. This sounds like video game sound track music. Enjoyable only from the most superficial of levels..... Ok...as I type the song took a terrible turn where the trendy aspects of it are snuck in there at the end. These motherfuckers. The review for this seemed to go out of its way to paint Napalm Death as utter soulless sellouts, perhaps over stating the case in an effort to rub their nose in their ideological past...but as I listen to more of this, I see your point. The cover art, the mainstream music reviews, everything about this is designed. http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/02/21/napalm-deaths-utilitarian-a-case-for-consistency/ < Glance over this review, then read the comments. Disgusting subliminal marketing dressed up as fan opinion.

Fuck you Napalm Death.

But yea, this Terrorizer is pretty cool. Nothing fancy, nothing dishonest. It is kind of in the same category as nearly everything good coming out these days in that it is pure in intent but not amazing in execution or design. I don't know how much more room I have for a bunch of new "good but not great" stuff but it is different enough from the Impiety, Demoncy etc to warrant more time and investment.

Good reviews. Calling out the bullshit, highlighting the relevant.

Paint by numbers albums indeed.... the difference is that it sounds like they had fun playing the Terrorizer one, while Napalm Death sounds like it was recorded in a cubicle.

recorded in a cubicle.

An apt phrase to use. Can describe a majority of metal too.

Paint by numbers albums indeed.... the difference is that it sounds like they had fun playing the Terrorizer one, while Napalm Death sounds like it was recorded in a cubicle.

Seems to sum it up!!