Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Astral Projection

Re: Astral Projection
March 31, 2012, 09:29:17 PM
What makes you believe the "purely physical" isn't all there is?
The evidence not only of my eyes, but of my experience.

I ask you to consider this:
If the only things you hold to be true, are the things you already know, how are you going to ever discover what you don't yet know?

What experiences? Go on.

There is plenty that I don't know, more than I could ever learn in three lifetimes, that is purely based in knowable things. The super natural isn't knowable, if it exists or not. So fuck that noise.

April 01, 2012, 02:28:51 AM
No. I don't think I'll go on.
People like me don't really have anything to gain by persuading anybody of anything they can't help but reject.
But maybe you might ask this, of yourself:
What do you contribute, to the whole?
Other, that is, than ridicule and destruction?
You don't have to say.

April 01, 2012, 04:10:53 AM
Anyone frequently experience dreams where you realize it's a dream but don't wake up and stay there a while? The amount of control you have at that point is unreal. I was able to create my surroundings.

April 01, 2012, 05:00:45 AM
Anyone frequently experience dreams where you realize it's a dream but don't wake up and stay there a while? The amount of control you have at that point is unreal. I was able to create my surroundings.

I have only one dream I can do this in and it is one that is reoccurring.  I discovered some kind of "Heaven" for myself one night while dreaming.  It was just a beautiful place away from all the shit and madness of the every day, average life in modern society.  The harder i think about it, the harder it is to even recall what the place looked like.  The only thing I know is that it is hell to reach.  The first time I dream't of it I just went with the dream, wherever it may take me. Rowing down creeks, travelling across desert sands, hiking through snowy forest trails, the adventure itself was euphoric.  Every once in awhile I find myself on the same path to reach this place but something always fucks it up, mostly because of someone else intervening.

What does this imaginary oasis symbolize in my life? Why is it reoccurring? and why can I never reach it?

I wonder how high my brain activity is during this reoccurring dream...

April 01, 2012, 05:02:17 AM

I usually wake up when that happens. Once I did not though, but I now cannot recall exactly what happened.

April 01, 2012, 05:05:31 AM
No. I don't think I'll go on.
People like me don't really have anything to gain by persuading anybody of anything they can't help but reject.
But maybe you might ask this, of yourself:
What do you contribute, to the whole?
Other, that is, than ridicule and destruction?
You don't have to say.

Mockery and destruction of illusory bullshit is in itself a contribution. I know a site dedicated to that :

www.anus.com

This type of post is below you dude. Rise above.

April 01, 2012, 05:24:17 AM
Nothing is below me. Or above.
Rise above what?

April 01, 2012, 05:39:09 AM
Nothing is below me. Or above.
Rise above what?

Rise above disguising insults that imply one "only destroys" and "doesn't contribute" as rhetorical questions because you are butthurt someone doesn't believe in astral projection and related pseudo-babble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awpyaz58ytg

April 01, 2012, 06:36:11 AM
If I wanted to insult you, I would hardly bother disguising it.
Being merely human, I am tempted.
But I have this thing called self-discipline.
Someone else will have to service you.

April 01, 2012, 07:59:50 AM
If I wanted to insult you, I would hardly bother disguising it.
Being merely human, I am tempted.
But I have this thing called self-discipline.
Someone else will have to service you.

Thanks for restraining yourself
and proving what an upstanding citizen you are
you're not being a nincompoop at all
and I am not being sarcastic

April 01, 2012, 06:11:41 PM
is it bullshit?

Yes and no. You don't literally leave your body but the experience is real. I think it has something to do with your brain's release of DMT during the sleep process. People who smoke DMT report a similar experience.

If the experience seems too powerful to be an illusion, then you're underestimating the powers of the human mind. Look at all the human mind done throughout history.

April 01, 2012, 06:13:40 PM
Now we've sorted that out, here's what I feel about 'Astral Projection'...
A way to masturbate with a sacred organ.
Take something everybody has, claim ownership, and sell books telling people how to exploit it.
A silly thing for 'spiritual' novices.

Paul Twitchell sold it as 'Soul Travel', as the core of his 'Eckankar' movement.
That was probably its high water mark.

April 01, 2012, 07:49:25 PM

yes, it happens to me. But I arrived at a point when the creation of the surrounding turn into a "videogame surronding". It made me realise that all you can really control is oneself,  because when you try to control the reality, it turn into a mirage, a false world, an illusion.

I also had dreams where when a woke up, I thought I was awake, only to find that there was something fishy about it and finally realise I was in fact still in a dream. When this happens, It, really hard to try to break that dream to escape it.

As for the "physical realm" In a way it's all there is but the knowledge, the interpretation of it differs on the level of consciousness of the "observer"
As William Blake once said "A fool sees not the same tree that a wise man sees."

April 01, 2012, 09:18:24 PM
It's all to do with the way the mind interprets.
All minds interpret differently.
Disengaging the mind allows direct perception, without the interpretive layer.
What we run into is the inability of many to disengage their minds, at all.

As William Blake illuminated:
The mind sees what it expects to see, so it can make 'sense' of it. This depends upon prior experience. Or the received prior experience of others.
The wise man suspends his mind, and so sees what is actually there. Hence the poetic term: "In all its glory".
This occurs when the interpretation layer is no longer there.

I see it like a blind man navigating by touch while wearing a pair of thick gloves.
Better not to wear gloves.
It's actually that easy.

April 02, 2012, 03:35:15 AM
Years ago, on Halloween, while on some particularly potent psychedelic mushrooms, I had an out of body experience.  I vividly remember it, although it was brief.  My friends were about 40 feet in front of me and when they turned around and called for me to catch up, I saw myself from their perspective.

Now, here is the more general and interesting question:  is a "hallucination" "real?"  Even if it is "caused" by chemicals and your "mind playing tricks on you," it still happened on some level, did it not?  This is why I am hip to religion and mysticism and the fantastic.  If it is imaginable, then on some level it is real, no?  Reality has allowed you to imagine it, thus it is "real."  Numbers operate on this level, no?  If there is no inside and outside, then what goes on in your head is as real as anything.

A dangerous perspective.

Not at all. This is the way we evolved. The goal of the nihilist, I believe, is make that inner world sync with the outer world.