Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Burzum - Umskiptar

Burzum - Umskiptar
March 31, 2012, 12:50:16 PM
I'm afraid to listen to it.

The re-recordings album was embarrassingly terrible...

Fallen and Belus were both hollow...

Hopes are minimal for this, but out of loyalty to an idea (not a man) I listen.

Re: Burzum - Umskiptar
March 31, 2012, 02:37:34 PM
Short review: boring.

Long review: Burzum - Umskiptar review

March 31, 2012, 04:04:31 PM
I think he needs to take a few years off releasing albums. Maybe find some inspiration again instead of pumping out the same ol'. Belus had a couple OK tracks and as a comeback album I thought it was passable, but everything after has just been ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

March 31, 2012, 04:41:14 PM
It just doesn't sound like Burzum anymore. That's not me whining about wanting another HLTO or anything, but it is a comment on the fact that I could be listening to anyone on that sample track. Belus was passable but didn't blow my mind, I gave it the benefit of the doubt given the pressure he was under. But this and Fallen I choose to see as coming from a completely different entity to the original Burzum.

Also, the more I listen to his new vocal style, both clean and distorted, I get increasingly annoyed by it, and that was one of the most glaring flaws in the re-recordings. I just couldn't listen to Spell of Destruction without the original maniacal screech.

March 31, 2012, 05:01:53 PM
Belus was ok, and I spent some time defending it when it first came out early on in a discussion here. I haven't listened to it since that time. I wager this is true of a lot of the defenders, because I don't see 16 page shit storms about the follow up albums. We won't get fooled again.  

Sorry Varg, but Who's Next > New Burzum. :(

March 31, 2012, 06:14:47 PM
Burzum has become the George Lucas of black metal.

NHA

March 31, 2012, 08:56:58 PM

Is he just trying to generate some revenue at this point? Is it even worth the money? Fenriz has the same notoriety but still works at the post office so it can't be that much income.

If not then what makes a good artist turn to shit? You could argue that his time in prison crushed his spirit but even before that he seemed pretty depressive.

The atmosphere in all these new albums is fucking garbage. Dunno how he went from having such a good sound to this new stuff which comes across like hes just running off some bad stock presets on his gear.

March 31, 2012, 09:13:20 PM
I was hoping that this at least had a possibility of being good. Perhaps i'm a fool for trying to believe otherwise, especially when the truth is right before me.

Is it even worth downloading?

March 31, 2012, 09:17:40 PM

Is he just trying to generate some revenue at this point? Is it even worth the money? Fenriz has the same notoriety but still works at the post office so it can't be that much income.

If not then what makes a good artist turn to shit? You could argue that his time in prison crushed his spirit but even before that he seemed pretty depressive.

The atmosphere in all these new albums is fucking garbage. Dunno how he went from having such a good sound to this new stuff which comes across like hes just running off some bad stock presets on his gear.

I think this is a major possibility. I don't imagine he can find a job anywhere, given his past, so I suppose this is his job now, tarnishing the memory of his art by dumbing it down for the dumb modern black metal consumer. Rather ironic it seems.

April 01, 2012, 12:02:15 AM
Some people talk about his advisors. Is that real? What I can hear is not very cautious music that takes care of every detail in a plastic but professional way (as pop music) but rather just some chords he pulls out of his ass in haste for selling a new record. I would rather blame hurry for selling and a complete musical illiteracy (given the cliché sounding of his black metal), not marketing. It hurts to say this, but pro marketing is better D:

Also, does anyone have information about how profitable are these post-jail releases for him? I would like to know.

April 01, 2012, 02:02:34 AM
They sell Burzum albums in FYE now so he can't be doing too bad.

April 01, 2012, 02:04:37 AM
I tried to download this about a week ago and instead got some Drudkh songs with altered titles. Not a whole lot of difference, haha.

celticcross

April 01, 2012, 09:01:14 AM
I think that he turned to fatalism, he still knows what needs to be done but is afraid to do it, he should kick his ass with some HLTO or Bruckner

April 01, 2012, 10:00:21 AM
More like umSKIPtar! Am I right guys? Yeah I'm right.

It's revealing that this so called "Norwegian nationalist" who supposedly loves his people so much married a French woman. Apparently he either doesn't love his nation as much as he says he does.

They sell Burzum albums in FYE now so he can't be doing too bad.
I'm not familiar, is FYE one of those Hot Topic type stores or something?

April 01, 2012, 05:02:30 PM
I'm going to skip half of these songs this second time through.  How hard is it to let a song go somewhere?