Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pavlovian Debaters.

Re: Pavlovian Debaters.
April 02, 2012, 05:44:20 PM
Again, what you suggest isn't actually supernatural. It is part of the natural that is not yet understood.

....thus justifying the use of the phrase "supernatural" - as it is beyond our understanding. Once we are able to understand it (which I highly doubt), then we can include it in the realms of the natural.

I'm in the boat with Cargest. Go cook yourself a good meal or play some guitar; this endless vague rambling accomplishes nothing.

Nothing I have said is vague. Endless and rambling I would also dispute, but to a much lesser degree.

Supernatural is a term with a meaning outside of where you're trying to use it. Call it something else.

April 02, 2012, 05:51:31 PM
Nearly every viewpoint here reflects the belief that a commenter needs acceptance from the others.
What if that need were removed?
What if we dispensed with needs, desires, cravings and appearances?
If you people are as 'BAD' as you wish to appear, maybe you could try backing it up in some way that is all your own?
Create a reality. Offer something that is uniquely you.
Be BAD :)

April 02, 2012, 05:59:39 PM
Nearly every viewpoint here reflects the belief that a commenter needs acceptance from the others.
What if that need were removed?
What if we dispensed with needs, desires, cravings and appearances?
If you people are as 'BAD' as you wish to appear, maybe you could try backing it up in some way that is all your own?
Create a reality. Offer something that is uniquely you.
Be BAD :)

I'm going to take this point by point (I reckon I've given Wolfgang enough shit for being a blind materialist by this point XD).

Firstly, nearly every viewpoint here reflects the belief that the originator is correct, and I can't (or rather, don't care to) read much more into people's posts than that.  "Acceptance" can fuck itself: we're all a little bit beyond such wimpish cravings, for the mostpart.

If we dispensed with needs, desires, cravings, and appearences, the world would become a very dull place in which to live.  I wouldn't like it, at least - sometimes I need things, sometimes I crave things, and I like to look at things.  These aspects of my nature are satisfied every so often, the way the world currently is, and it's a nice thing to be satisfied in this way.  The removal of desire yields the removal of fulfillment.  With no desires, we'd have no goals; with no necessity, there can be no progression.  I would not give up imperfection for stagnation, ever.

As for being BAD, I'm more concerned with being BADASS, and I succeed at that.

April 02, 2012, 06:04:36 PM
That wasn't nearly abusive enough to gain acceptance here.
I vote you get kicked from this chaotic realm.
You don't swear enough, insult enough, act stupid enough to make it in this venue.
On yer bike!

April 02, 2012, 06:06:55 PM
Humans are social animals, something that perhaps is lost on our sweet aspies and misfits from time to time.  Why seek the approval of others?  Well, for one, we are ill-equipped by evolution to maintain ourselves outside of social communities.  For another, the conspicuous withdrawal from social activity strikes me as being itself a shrewd and sophisticated social stratagem, rather than a repudiation of social status seeking.

April 02, 2012, 06:12:46 PM
Why attack a person when it's their ideas you find distasteful?  For the same reason, why be insulted when your ideas are attacked?  The messenger is not important.

April 02, 2012, 06:13:17 PM
stop WHINING

April 02, 2012, 06:13:54 PM
Why attack a person when it's their ideas you find distasteful?  For the same reason, why be insulted when your ideas are attacked?  The messenger is not important.

Is the message important?

April 02, 2012, 06:20:11 PM
Is anything important?

April 02, 2012, 06:25:50 PM
Is anything important?

Good question.  Hence the value of nothing, eh?

April 02, 2012, 06:33:30 PM
Haha, ANUS just zenned me like it used to.  Haven't had that happen for a while.

April 02, 2012, 07:17:04 PM
Zen is good. I live in a permanent Zen state.
But most people can't, won't, would hate to, do that.
The forum would be very boring if everyone did that.
Zen wakes you up, jolts you back, gives you a moment to take stock.
Then, yippppeeeeeee....
Back to the chaos!

April 02, 2012, 07:36:41 PM
Zen is good. I live in a permanent Zen state.
But most people can't, won't, would hate to, do that.
The forum would be very boring if everyone did that.
Zen wakes you up, jolts you back, gives you a moment to take stock.
Then, yippppeeeeeee....
Back to the chaos!

Hence Deicide.