Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

The dead ends of being human.

Re: The dead ends of being human.
April 03, 2012, 09:57:17 AM
I don't like the genocide being committed against me, so I could hardly advocate it against anyone else.

What kind of logic is this? I don't like having the penis in me, but I'd definitely advocate it for a majority of women.

If we had the power to actually do this, lets elevate all humanity. It sounds nicer. It feels nicer. It's more civilized. We can still save ourselves without being unfriendly to our neighbors. Humanism and eugenics are not mutually exclusive.

I agree with the latter, however I wonder what exactly you mean by 'elevate all humanity'. To me it sounds nicer because it's a utopian generality without precedent, whereas genocide/mass sterilization are both feasible and specific.

April 03, 2012, 10:06:19 AM
the problem is the most high IQ people (ex Asians) are soulless.. they don't see a dog as a man's best friend.. multiple cars run over a little girl before anyone notices. They aren't particularly creative.

The arts rely on superstitious thinking. It's the yin to the yang to rationality though.  Can you imagine a world without art?

I've realized that I think more rationally when I remove empathy from my thoughts.

April 03, 2012, 11:04:51 AM
I don't like the genocide being committed against me, so I could hardly advocate it against anyone else.

What kind of logic is this? I don't like having the penis in me, but I'd definitely advocate it for a majority of women.

If we had the power to actually do this, lets elevate all humanity. It sounds nicer. It feels nicer. It's more civilized. We can still save ourselves without being unfriendly to our neighbors. Humanism and eugenics are not mutually exclusive.

I agree with the latter, however I wonder what exactly you mean by 'elevate all humanity'. To me it sounds nicer because it's a utopian generality without precedent, whereas genocide/mass sterilization are both feasible and specific.

You're a man. You do not advocate your penis in other men do you? There is no need to want to genocide anyone. You could always counter with the argument that you should only care about what is best for you and your own, and sure, that is logically valid. I spent most of my twenties in that camp. But good luck getting people on board for a genocide of entire races. Just as valid logically is an absolute rejection of imposed cultural and ethnic destruction. That is what we're all really worried about right? What do you think would work better to convert people? "I want to save my culture and people, and genocide others." or "I want to save my culture and people, and save everyone elses too". That is something so called rightists and leftists could get behind.

Sterilization of the dumb is fine/ideal. But select the best from every race to survive. This planet is big enough. The world would be more interesting a place where diversity is preserved. Each group allowed to exist, freely. Where cultural and genetic exchange happens slowly, gradually and organically, and is not imposed as it is currently being done.

The media created American pseudoculturalist soup is disgusting. But traditional African music and culture is beautiful, just like traditional Chinese, Polynesian, Greek, Irish and Russian is. These things are not threats to us.

April 03, 2012, 01:07:17 PM
Everywhere you go, there will be some people who are smart enough and not douchebags, and some who are not. There will always be "smart" people who are studious, hard-working and all that but are masters of detail not of leadership. Somewhere, there are the smartest, and they put it all together, and because of what they're aware of they tend to not be douchebags. I have never met a truly intelligent person who trusted in vanity.

April 04, 2012, 03:45:53 PM
Sterilization of the dumb is fine/ideal. But select the best from every race to survive. This planet is big enough. The world would be more interesting a place where diversity is preserved. Each group allowed to exist, freely. Where cultural and genetic exchange happens slowly, gradually and organically, and is not imposed as it is currently being done.

The media created American pseudoculturalist soup is disgusting. But traditional African music and culture is beautiful, just like traditional Chinese, Polynesian, Greek, Irish and Russian is. These things are not threats to us.

I really like this. Don't see how it's disagreeable in any sense. But anyway -

Sorry if this post comes off as a stream of consciousness, I'm wired right now.

I pondered often this week about the state of the USA. I wonder; how can an intelligent person live their life in the USA knowing what shitty worldly business practices that our multinationals operate under without feeling somewhat disturbed? Furthermore, how can anyone in my country take all of this shit for granted???? I sat in my room last night and looked around at all I had. I have a fridge to keep my food preserved, I have 2 guitars I can play whenever I want, I have a nice comfy bed to sleep in, I have cool speakers to listen to awesome metal out of, etc. My mind boggles at the thought of someone not appreciating all of that. If I ever decide to have children, I will instill in them an appreciation for EVERYTHING that we have as a family, and EVERYTHING they buy or make. The sheer brattiness and entitlement of the average person my age fills me with anger.

One of the dead ends of being human - realizing how shitty we can be.

April 04, 2012, 06:52:47 PM
When you think about it, only humans provide humans with problems.
Anything you face in nature is a challenge.
Only humans create problems.

April 04, 2012, 08:31:34 PM
When you think about it, only humans provide humans with problems.
Anything you face in nature is a challenge.
Only humans create problems.

This is only valid if you select definitions for those words that fit the point you're making.

I'm just giving you shit.

April 04, 2012, 08:36:18 PM
I see it as valid, as long as you don't invert definitions, as leftists do.

April 05, 2012, 01:28:26 PM
We're not going to escape labels. Words need to be used. But we need to use them clearly.

Don't trust anything crow says.

Crows are black.

Am I playing with one of the most ambiguous words ever?

We should clarify. Black the color, black the evil intent, black the African-American, black the coffee?

Fuck if I know, nillas. Fuck if I know.

April 05, 2012, 06:18:23 PM
Crows don't see the world with the same eyes as humans. What if it was the crow's eyes who see the world as it is intended to be seen?

April 05, 2012, 06:44:06 PM
Crows don't see the world with the same eyes as humans. What if it was the crow's eyes who see the world as it is intended to be seen?

Well, one thing is for sure: crows don't see the world through a perspective of human-desires.
Although they probably see it through the perspective of crow-desires.
Then again, crows have very few desires, other than carrion and the having of fun.
Fewer desires = clearer view?
That may be.

April 05, 2012, 06:51:55 PM
And crows have smaller brains than humans because they don't need it to be one with the universe.

Interesting fact: as Odin is referred to as "raven-god"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huginn_and_Muninn