Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

NY death metal band Thevetat debuts track

NY death metal band Thevetat debuts track
April 02, 2012, 12:35:43 PM
Thevetat debuted first track called "Lifeless" this week. It will be featured on a three song rehearsal demo coming soon. Labels, interested parties, freaks, visit the page for all the updated info.
Hail satan

www.facebook.com/Thevetat

Re: NY death metal band Thevetat debuts track
April 02, 2012, 05:31:16 PM
I don't know how essential or ground breaking this is, but it definitely sounds like death metal is supposed to, and you guys have a bitching ass logo.

I'll check out the album whenever it drops.

Lettin' nillas know.

I hope our aryan overlords will emerge form their l secret base below antartica and wipe all of those under 500 of IQ And don't have the ability to mindtravel into the Xerces Galaxy.

April 02, 2012, 05:47:30 PM
Yea, I was able to listen to it a few times in a row and was noddin' muh head each time. I'm gonna pimp this track around with fans who know what's up.

Do you have an MP3 of this available for download somewhere?
Lettin' nillas know.

I hope our aryan overlords will emerge form their l secret base below antartica and wipe all of those under 500 of IQ And don't have the ability to mindtravel into the Xerces Galaxy.

April 03, 2012, 04:36:30 AM
Sounds great, honestly. NY Death Metal as it should be...

April 03, 2012, 11:06:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8jTudEejn8

Lifeless on youtube
Theres no downloads, just the streams. Talks of how it will be released are going on now and should be announced shortly.

April 03, 2012, 12:16:59 PM
I have to say, I enjoyed this very much yesterday, and am enjoying it to the same degree right now.  I eagerly anticipate your demo!

April 03, 2012, 01:13:03 PM
This is really good. Also looking forward to the full thing.
but i'm not sure if i can tinkle in front of a crowd.

celticcross

April 03, 2012, 07:41:02 PM
this is fucking GREAT

April 03, 2012, 08:59:55 PM
It's getting a good reception where I've linked it generally.
Lettin' nillas know.

April 06, 2012, 04:59:47 AM
zzzzzzzzzzzz

April 06, 2012, 05:48:08 AM
I thought this thread would have reamed the shit out of this band, because that's generally what happens here.

But no! My first impressions of this song are quite good. Vocals remind me a lot of Morpheus Descends or Cruciamentum. I dig it a lot. Will let other people know about this.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

April 06, 2012, 12:17:19 PM
Praise in this thread got me interested enough to listen, sounds very promising.  More artists should be doing this, working with an established style, innovation is something that occurs naturally once you have become comfortable as a composer.

Thevetat "Transmigration of Souls" debut. This is the second new track featured on the Thevetat Demo "Disease to Divide". It will be a limited CD collaboration release by Dark Descent/Destro Records coming soon.

Use either link to preview song

www.facebook.com/Thevetat
www.reverbnation.com/Thevetat

I'm surprised no one's really brought up this band's connections to Ceremonium yet. I can hear a bit of that band in how their riffs are very multipart-staircase style constructions that go in a lot of different directions. It reminds me of a passage from one of the old Amorphis reviews:
Quote from: Dark Legions Archive
"Black Winter Day", the finest track on this album, follows an intricate riff that if played with fast strum speed would be a heavier black metal song. It takes some of the ideas of tonal movement from the first album and spins them into sprawling but cohesive patterns which move throughout the song, using choreographed phrasing which resolves in several different styles of finality ending up with a song that you follow through its racing convolutions and appreciate.
Obviously, the aesthetic style with this band is a lot different, but I find that the riffs are written in a similarly trellised fashion. I really enjoy it when bands can write songs that go in all sorts of different directions without losing the point and sounding like Dillinger Escape Plan or other such bands. I'm looking forward to hearing what comes of this project.