Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Impiety

Impiety
April 03, 2012, 08:28:34 AM
http://www.deathmetal.org/forum/index.php/topic,15752.0.html

Somewhat ridiculous, deliberately over the top and masters of savage necksnapping riffcraft, they've carried the flag of Angelcorpse since 1999. I uploaded most of their full lengths to the audiofile section. The DLA review for Ravage and Conquer is right on point. And that extends to the majority of the band's fairly consistent career. Fuck all these retro-thrash bands and wannabes, Impiety play bullet-belt metal better than anyone in the last 12 years. If Teitanblood, Toxic Holocaust and Destroyer 666 were as metal as they try to be, they'd be Impiety. Impiety draw from the war metal school of Blasphemy and Sarcofago but without relying on that annoying and mushy riff style. They draw from the speed metal of Kreator and Sodom without coming across as a third rate modern imitator. They worship at the Altar of Madness with Angelcorpse, but never rip these bands off either.

Almost all of their albums are in the same basic style, but they never sound tired or redundant due to the fact Shyaithan recruits new members for every single album. Skullfucking Armageddon is their most speed metal styled, and the least death metal. Paramount Evil was comprised of primarily Revenge members is the most overtly Death Metal. Worshipers of the Seventh Tyranny is a surprisingly ambitious concept album, and their most brooding and doom inspired.

War Metal way before War Metal was cool. This is torment.

Re: Impiety
April 03, 2012, 09:13:18 AM
Having had the chance to listen to them all over the last few days, I'd probably say their newest one is the weakest of the whole bunch. Kaos Kommand or Cultus are probably the best ones.

April 04, 2012, 03:07:39 AM
Listened to Kaos Kommand, very enjoyable stuff if you're in the right mood.  Nothing subtle here just good metal to work yourself into a frenzy and go on an murderous rampage.

NHA

April 05, 2012, 06:33:23 AM
Asateerul Awaleen is decent too. I can upload it if anyone wants.

There was some mixtape with their early material (1990-93) that was also pretty good but i have no clue where i put it.

April 05, 2012, 07:12:10 AM

There was some mixtape with their early material (1990-93) that was also pretty good but i have no clue where i put it.

I know some people who prefer that one the most. I just revisted it after some years, and my initial impression stands, good and all, but too much Beherit/Sarcofago, and not enough of their own voice yet, and awful Gorogoth vocals to boot.

Impiety were one of the first truly underground bands I was exposed to over ten years ago, before right before Kaos Kommand came out, and they've been a favorite I've always gone back to. I feel like an asshole though because at one point I got a little too into the idea metal had to be caucasian and from the 90s or it wasn't valid at all, so I sold em out for a couple years. 

April 05, 2012, 07:19:42 AM

Yeah, I'd really like if you would upload that.

All I've heard is by Impiety is some stuff from Terrorreign (which I thought was shit), and the Advent Of.... EP, which I thought was rather good.

April 10, 2012, 06:53:46 PM
better than the other war metal bands

April 10, 2012, 11:00:02 PM
I have "Skullfucking Armageddon" around here somewhere, but haven't listened to it in probably 10 years. Would it be worth my time to dig it up? Don't remember if it was good or not.

April 10, 2012, 11:19:36 PM
I have "Skullfucking Armageddon" around here somewhere, but haven't listened to it in probably 10 years. Would it be worth my time to dig it up? Don't remember if it was good or not.

Personally I love it, but I can't speak for your taste.