Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Do any of you Hessians support Ron Paul?

Do any of you Hessians support Ron Paul?
April 04, 2012, 09:01:49 PM
He is a Christian. He doesn't believe in evolution, yet he is a doctor. So the Dawkins in me is driven mad by this. There are many other issues in his platform I also would disagree with.

But of all the candidates I have ever seen, he is clearly the only one outside the sphere of corruption. He is not the Hessian's ideal candidate, but we're out of options otherwise.

Some of you may take the stance that any attempt at fixing America now is futile, and we should just wait for the collapse. But I cannot sit idle and do nothing.

I support Ron Paul.

Re: Do any of you Hessians support Ron Paul?
April 04, 2012, 09:24:19 PM
Good for you.

April 04, 2012, 10:07:14 PM
He is a Christian. He doesn't believe in evolution, yet he is a doctor. So the Dawkins in me is driven mad by this. There are many other issues in his platform I also would disagree with.

But of all the candidates I have ever seen, he is clearly the only one outside the sphere of corruption. He is not the Hessian's ideal candidate, but we're out of options otherwise.

Some of you may take the stance that any attempt at fixing America now is futile, and we should just wait for the collapse. But I cannot sit idle and do nothing.

I support Ron Paul.

For personal reasons, I am not going to take the "cannot sit idle" approach, but I agree with your reasoning. Traditionalists on Facebook like to sit around and bash him, but then they don't go outside and do something. You are a better man than they.

Good for you.

Come on, crow. Where is your idiosyncratic, stanza-shaped style?

April 04, 2012, 10:10:17 PM
Crows don't care much for politics.

I believe Ron Paul is the closest thing to a sane choice currently available. I think the rest of the candidates are mostly clones of each other except for some surface differences.

April 04, 2012, 10:13:13 PM
Crows don't care much for politics.

I believe Ron Paul is the closest thing to a sane choice currently available. I think the rest of the candidates are mostly clones of each other except for some surface differences.

He certainly cared enough to reply.

The clones basically tell the public what they want to hear. They choose topics that are acceptable, and answer in such a way that the least amount of people are offended. Paul has said some things that shock most people, which shows he has some integrity.

April 04, 2012, 10:23:32 PM
He is a Christian. He doesn't believe in evolution, yet he is a doctor. ... There are many other issues in his platform I also would disagree with.
How are his being a Christian and his skepticism of evolution part of his platform?

But of all the candidates I have ever seen, he is clearly the only one outside the sphere of corruption.
He is not completely free of corruption. He simply has some integrity, which means he has infinitely more integrity than anyone else running.

I support Ron Paul.
I would probably support him if I voted.

I think he gets some what of a bum rap because the conspiracy theorists on the internet all latch onto him. He's also a little goofy, but he's the only one against globalization, so that makes him the only candidate worth considering. Unfortunately, he has no chance of winning.

I believe (someone on) Amerika made the argument for Rick Santorum, but he's a fucking snake in the grass. I'm surprised people actually buy his bullshit.

April 04, 2012, 10:33:16 PM
He is a Christian. He doesn't believe in evolution, yet he is a doctor. ... There are many other issues in his platform I also would disagree with.
How are his being a Christian and his skepticism of evolution part of his platform?

But of all the candidates I have ever seen, he is clearly the only one outside the sphere of corruption.
He is not completely free of corruption. He simply has some integrity, which means he has infinitely more integrity than anyone else running.

I support Ron Paul.
I would probably support him if I voted.

I think he gets some what of a bum rap because the conspiracy theorists on the internet all latch onto him. He's also a little goofy, but he's the only one against globalization, so that makes him the only candidate worth considering. Unfortunately, he has no chance of winning.

I believe (someone on) Amerika made the argument for Rick Santorum, but he's a fucking snake in the grass. I'm surprised people actually buy his bullshit.

Santorum and these neo-conservatives are the worst, most disingenuous disgusting group in politics. Paul's beliefs on religion color how he approaches states rights. I am generally a states rights libertarian sympathizer, but someone has to protect the South from themselves when it comes to what they teach in science classes, and to what extent they allow Christianity into the courtroom.

April 04, 2012, 10:44:29 PM
Santorum and these neo-conservatives are the worst, most disingenuous disgusting group in politics.
I don't know that I completely agree, even though I generally despise Neoconservatives. I'd gladly take Romney over someone like Nancy Pelosi (not that she's running).

Paul's beliefs on religion color how he approaches states rights. I am generally a states rights libertarian sympathizer, but someone has to protect the South from themselves when it comes to what they teach in science classes, and to what extent they allow Christianity into the courtroom.
I think the real solution to the problem you point out is that the United States, being divided along several cultural lines, simply has to fracture in some way. Maybe not completely, but there needs to be some kind of parallel living and empowering of local communities.

April 04, 2012, 10:52:22 PM
I don't really pay close attention, since I saw all the candidates slashing each other's jugulars.
The only time I watched a debate, Romney seemed my choice. Paul wasn't there, so I can't speak on that.
From what I've read of him, though, Paul seems quaintly sane amid the squirming lunatics.

April 04, 2012, 11:10:47 PM
1. no chance of winning
2. checks and balances would neutralize his anti-system efforts
3. his proposals may seem radical but they would amount to very little

Paul is probably a good guy but overall his radical-seeming positions amount to diversions that would be overcome by successive regimes after a few years. The solutions needed are nowhere to be found on the public table.

End the federal reserve banking corporation? Pfft. They're the final redoubt, much like a colossal insurance policy that nobody likes to have to pay, against total collapse. They can keep modern civilization rolling when all the other sources of infrastructure finance steam have run out.

Physical modern society is not the problem. It is the modern outlook and mentality that makes this mode of living decadent and worse. Modern society manifested just enables or encourages modernism like traversible terrain enables wheeled vehicle travel.

Getting off the couch is less of the Ron Paul 2012 stuff and more of the promoting nobility and realism stuff as if a leader setting an example for others to judge and choose instead of the psychology of modernism.

April 04, 2012, 11:17:18 PM
You're saying we can all be 'leaders'?

April 04, 2012, 11:17:42 PM
Ron Paul 2012 isn't about getting him elected for me, it is about spreading the idea that everything else is a lie.

April 04, 2012, 11:21:23 PM
I go with that.
It's a pity I can't vote.

April 04, 2012, 11:53:08 PM
Others have said it - he and John Huntsman (to a lesser degree) both seem to be the most realistic of the bunch of talking heads that competed for the Repub party nominations. Of course, Huntsman's out of the race because most neocons A - don't like Mormons and B - had a problem with him saying religion shouldn't play a big role in government, and that he has faith in science.

Paul seems like a genuine guy. I'd like to have a conversation with him; seems like someone with wisdom. Most of his ideas are ideals, so while I support some of what he says I know realistically he will never get elected. It's a shame too, probably would piss everyone off. We need someone like that in the USA - someone to shake up the dreary shitty status quo. Paul wants us to take our dicks out of countries where we don't belong. MURKANS don't like that.

Santorum is a fucking idiot. I don't even know why Amerika chose to do a piece focusing on that asshat. Typical neocon jibberish. But hey, at least we've got a funny alternate meaning to his name now.

I think the real solution to the problem you point out is that the United States, being divided along several cultural lines, simply has to fracture in some way. Maybe not completely, but there needs to be some kind of parallel living and empowering of local communities.

I'd be in support of a fracture into regions (say, Northeast, Southeast, etc), or of a fracture into 50 separate countries. Either way, the entity known as the USA is damaged beyond repair.

April 04, 2012, 11:59:11 PM
Haha :)
If I was he, a surname like Sanatorium would be the first thing to go.
But such things are lost on the overly egotistical and overly serious.
His name, he probably thinks, is what he is.
Hey, another paradox!