Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Attention "nihilists"

Attention "nihilists"
April 05, 2012, 02:00:24 PM
Nihilism =/= Conservative Bible values with a cool inverted cross necklace and a scary album in the CD player.

Just thought I'd point this out.

Re: Attention "nihilists"
April 05, 2012, 02:02:21 PM
If you feel like this post is possibly taking a shot at you, then it is. Throw your metal records away and go Tea Party. Shit aint for you anyway.

If you don't feel like this could be aimed at you, then it isn't. Let's discuss the true nature of the disease of our time.

April 05, 2012, 02:10:36 PM
What's wrong with the values? I thought your issue was with the beliefs behind them? The values themselves, if they lead to healthy families/societies/civilization must be acknowledged by the "nihilist" as being superior no?

April 05, 2012, 02:18:07 PM
What's wrong with the values? I thought your issue was with the beliefs behind them? The values themselves, if they lead to healthy families/societies/civilization must be acknowledged by the "nihilist" as being superior no?

Some of the values. Not all of them. Just like some of the values of secular humanism are also valid. But not all. As humans evolved intellectually, some of the values became archaic, perverted and repressive to the human spirit, thus leading to a paradoxical and reactionary wholesale rejection of all values, good and bad, that are traditional.  This has lead to a wholesale rejection of "modernism" in favor of what was.

No.

Lose this duality.

Be nihilist.

April 05, 2012, 02:29:16 PM
Evolved intellectually over what kind of timescale? The last few hundred years? It's the same as any civilization's rise and fall. The values that guided to strength are seen as harsh and unnecessary when there is some prosperity. Embrace the "archaic", the "perverted" and the "repressive". Be a nihilist. Fuck the human spirit.

April 05, 2012, 03:11:02 PM
Evolved intellectually over what kind of timescale? The last few hundred years? It's the same as any civilization's rise and fall. The values that guided to strength are seen as harsh and unnecessary when there is some prosperity. Embrace the "archaic", the "perverted" and the "repressive". Be a nihilist. Fuck the human spirit.

Simplistic and unrealistic.

But it sounds nice and is in theory easier.

Forge ahead.

April 05, 2012, 05:16:51 PM
Some of the values. Not all of them. Just like some of the values of secular humanism are also valid. But not all. As humans evolved intellectually, some of the values became archaic, perverted and repressive to the human spirit, thus leading to a paradoxical and reactionary wholesale rejection of all values, good and bad, that are traditional.  This has lead to a wholesale rejection of "modernism" in favor of what was.
I'm not completely sure what you're saying here. It sounds like you're saying the perversion of traditional values has lead to a rejection of "modernism" in favor of tradition. Could you clarify this thought?

Also, could you enumerate, within reason, what values you find 1) beneficial from secular humanism and 2) archaic / perverted / repressive from traditional values?

April 05, 2012, 06:46:11 PM
There are about three threads covering this right now so some of this is already been discussed.

Traditional Judeo-Christianity devalues women. Traditional racial values dehumanized other races to the point of genocide and slavery. These things were wrong and below an evolved society of gentlemen. This what lead to the problems we have now. Everything traditional has been devalued by gender feminists and anti-culturalists. This has lead to a reactionary no-conservatism and the rise of evangelical Christianity. Every side is horrific.

Strike the words Feminism, Diversity and Multiculturalism from your vocabulary. Never criticize those concepts again.

Secular humanism type ideas that are valid - keep God in the history books, out of the classroom and court room. Don't be assholes to people who are different. All human cultures in their own context are valid and deserve to exist. None of these ideas are exclusive to the idea of reverence and preservation of white/European values, and when you believe they are, you've been had by the destroyers. This is what they want us to believe. Don't get caught up in the false dichotomy.

Enter NIHILISM.

April 05, 2012, 08:10:25 PM
Wolfgang, you're not quite as much an authority on such things as some of the older members, for one, and you seem to be preaching (angrily) to the choir on many issues.  We like real diversity, and we agree that women's rights should be equal to those of men (while keeping male and female identity separate).  What we don't like are Multiculturalism, which seeks to meld many cultures into one in any given area (and so is anti-diversity), and Feminism, which seeks to remove all distinction between Men and Women (or even advance women over men).  These are extreme, "end of the line" interpretations of these platforms, which are nevertheless popular viewpoints throughout the "developed world".

I'm not sure about others here, but I think religion is one of the best methods of education.  An entire culture and way of being can be distilled into simple fictional representations and, in this form, can be disseminated to younger generations, that they might learn to maintain the values of their ancestors.  Much of the problems facing the modern West would have been averted had Christianity managed to keep itself strong in the face of encroaching materialism.

April 05, 2012, 08:40:25 PM
I'm not sure about others here, but I think religion is one of the best methods of education.  An entire culture and way of being can be distilled into simple fictional representations and, in this form, can be disseminated to younger generations, that they might learn to maintain the values of their ancestors.  Much of the problems facing the modern West would have been averted had Christianity managed to keep itself strong in the face of encroaching materialism.

I agree, and would go further and state that very few sane, healthy and upright civilizations have ever existed without some religious/spiritual backbone. If we look at it historically, never mind 'nihilistically', previous successful societies have always placed some degree of reverence for religion and spirituality. That is not to say that these religions/spiritual systems were completely accurate descriptions of reality; however they tended to give a society a center . Directionless humans were few and far between. There were other factors involved in this (of course), but religion/spirituality played a major role and it is a mistake to think otherwise.

April 05, 2012, 08:52:09 PM
Lose this duality.

It's not a duality.

When you take a wrong turn, turn around and make the decision again.

To oppose this is unscientific.

Nihilism is negation of the self and the modern drama.

April 05, 2012, 08:57:38 PM
Nihilism means nothing matters dude. So party on Wayne! Party on Garth! Idiocy.

April 05, 2012, 09:19:01 PM
Wolfgang, you're not quite as much an authority on such things as some of the older members, for one, and you seem to be preaching (angrily) to the choir on many issues.  We like real diversity, and we agree that women's rights should be equal to those of men (while keeping male and female identity separate).  What we don't like are Multiculturalism, which seeks to meld many cultures into one in any given area (and so is anti-diversity), and Feminism, which seeks to remove all distinction between Men and Women (or even advance women over men).  These are extreme, "end of the line" interpretations of these platforms, which are nevertheless popular viewpoints throughout the "developed world".

I see your point with religion, but Jesus is a lost cause. I don't know why you're lecturing me about who or what is an authority here. My world view is fully resolved, clear but underrepresented. I value this place, but many/most people who are coming here are still a half step removed from the stormfront boards and could still relate to Fox News. All this "omg LIBERATHS" gibberish. N S B M kids who like the NS stuff that isn't deliberately called NS. And then we have Santorum support suddenly.

April 05, 2012, 10:01:00 PM
We have some options: we can directly combat what we see as "wrong" with this world, publicly, no holds barred, and we'd gain a small following of extremists but never amount to much; we can support the lesser of two evils for now, understanding that it can be manipulated towards our goals after success; we can totally ignore all of this bullshit and take our own land, and fend off the globalists when we have to.

I think the middle option is quite reasonable, really.  This whole "Republican" thing you Americans have is fucking retarded, but I massively prefer it to the goddamn liberal bullshit you also get.  These Republicans seem simple, controllable people; the academised youth generations are fucking volatile.  If you get a bunch of hardline Christians in power, and then change the image of God, you have a method of moving civilisation back the right way.

Only problem is that the Republican side isn't as clean as that future would require.  Still, it's a step in the right direction (or at least a stop).

April 05, 2012, 10:05:29 PM
We have some options: we can directly combat what we see as "wrong" with this world, publicly, no holds barred, and we'd gain a small following of extremists but never amount to much; we can support the lesser of two evils for now, understanding that it can be manipulated towards our goals after success; we can totally ignore all of this bullshit and take our own land, and fend off the globalists when we have to.

I think the middle option is quite reasonable, really.  This whole "Republican" thing you Americans have is fucking retarded, but I massively prefer it to the goddamn liberal bullshit you also get.  These Republicans seem simple, controllable people; the academised youth generations are fucking volatile.  If you get a bunch of hardline Christians in power, and then change the image of God, you have a method of moving civilisation back the right way.

Only problem is that the Republican side isn't as clean as that future would require.  Still, it's a step in the right direction (or at least a stop).

Republicanism/Conservatism is one method of execution, Democratic/Liberalism is another. They are both part of the same super-structure. Republican vs Democrat is an illusion. Paul is the only candidate in any party who is outside this false dichotomy. Either side destroys us. Both sides are rooted in some perverted elements of truth. There is no better or worse. They are both flavors of shit. You can pick brown over green, but I choose to consume something else.