Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Attention "nihilists"

Re: Attention "nihilists"
April 06, 2012, 02:53:46 AM
We're not all one.

Reality is one; we are its parts.

We must reward the good and make war on the bad.

And when they fall, sodomize them until their final breaths!

April 06, 2012, 03:01:46 AM
I was 25

Really?  I had you pegged for being around 18.  I reckon I'm probably wrong about people's ages around here quite frequently, though.

Anyway, who the fuck are you arguing with at this moment?  All I can see is you setting up craploads of straw men.  What you call "arbitrary values" might be incredibly well worked out values.

I'm pretty sure the argument has to do with the following distinction:

a) Nihilism: going through a process of detached belief valuation and coming to the conclusion that 'absolutist value set x is the best'
b) Absolutism: Having believed, ontologically, in value set x all along

b) is fine for the heard, as it's all about consequentialism on a social level, but can you really call yourself a nihilists, at the level of the esoteric elitist class, if you believe in chritianity/perennialism/etc ONTOLOGICALLY, and not pragmatically??

April 06, 2012, 03:06:26 AM
I was 25

Really?  I had you pegged for being around 18.  I reckon I'm probably wrong about people's ages around here quite frequently, though.

Anyway, who the fuck are you arguing with at this moment?  All I can see is you setting up craploads of straw men.  What you call "arbitrary values" might be incredibly well worked out values.

a) Nihilism: going through a process of detached belief valuation and coming to the conclusion that 'value set x is the best'
b) Having believed, ontologically and absolutely, in value set x all along

b) is fine for the heard, as it's all about consequentialism on a social level, but can we really call ourselves nihilists if we're perennial/christians?

Bangarang roofio.

April 06, 2012, 03:10:01 AM
I was 25

a) Nihilism: going through a process of detached belief valuation and coming to the conclusion that 'value set x is the best'
b) Having believed, ontologically and absolutely, in value set x all along

b) is fine for the heard, as it's all about consequentialism on a social level, but can we really call ourselves nihilists if we're perennial/christians?

Bangarang roofio.

I edited since you quoted me to express these ideas a bit more clearly:

a) Nihilism: going through a process of detached belief valuation and coming to the conclusion that 'absolutist value set x is the best'
b) Absolutism: Having believed, ontologically, in value set x all along

b) is fine for the heard, as it's all about consequentialism on a social level, but can you really call yourself a nihilist, at the level of an esoteric elitist class, if you believe in chritianity/perennialism/etc ONTOLOGICALLY, and not pragmatically??

April 06, 2012, 11:21:16 AM
And this is my point: nobody here has taken on any of their current beliefs without serious thought.  We are Nihilists, for the mostpart, and yet Wolfgang appears to be upset by the certainty that Nihilists can come to different conclusions while reevaluating the same world.

April 06, 2012, 12:22:44 PM
Nihilism: going through a process of detached belief valuation and coming to the conclusion that 'absolutist value set x is the best'

Similar to science or other forms of learning.

I think there's another layer: nihilism has no belief.

We know what we can verify, logically.

This is not the same as what we can touch.

April 06, 2012, 02:16:28 PM
Strike the words Feminism, Diversity and Multiculturalism from your vocabulary. Never criticize those concepts again.

Secular humanism type ideas that are valid - keep God in the history books, out of the classroom and court room. Don't be assholes to people who are different. All human cultures in their own context are valid and deserve to exist.
Yes, Black Metal is all about being one big happy family and loving each other.

War
Between Races
A Goal Is Reached
Chaos, Hate

April 06, 2012, 06:18:09 PM
Strike the words Feminism, Diversity and Multiculturalism from your vocabulary. Never criticize those concepts again.

Secular humanism type ideas that are valid - keep God in the history books, out of the classroom and court room. Don't be assholes to people who are different. All human cultures in their own context are valid and deserve to exist.

War
Between Races
A Goal Is Reached
Chaos, Hate

The reason for music like this is the imposition of destructive changes on Western people by an oppessor. I don't disagree with wanting to correct those problems and I never did. But reverting to actually chaos and hate and and advocating "rahowa" is a tired idea kiddo. We covered that just now else where.

Black metal is about a lot of things. Understand it in context. Be an intellectual.

April 06, 2012, 06:36:20 PM
Be an intellectual.

Less ego, man.  It's annoying.  Your posts are good when they don't suffer from this self-aggrandising disregard.

April 06, 2012, 06:38:26 PM

War
Between Races
A Goal Is Reached
Chaos, Hate

Because that's EXACTLY what he implied....

April 06, 2012, 06:47:52 PM
Asking someone to be an intellectual isn't egotism. It is asking them to be an intellectual.

People are targeting my style and form as opposed to my ideas. This tells me something.

Ok, that is probably closer to egotism. Still true.

April 06, 2012, 06:54:05 PM
Asking someone to be an intellectual isn't egotism. It is asking them to be an intellectual.

I don't ever want to be an intellectual.

April 06, 2012, 07:01:03 PM

I don't ever want to be an intellectual.

April 07, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
If I were an intellectual, I'd comment on the medium being the message.

April 07, 2012, 01:14:30 AM
If I were an intellectual, I'd comment on the medium being the message.

Well you certainly wouldn't support Zionist snakes as you currently do. I will say your praise of Blaspherian made me check into them though. You do have some use.