Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

The goal of Corrupt

The goal of Corrupt
April 05, 2012, 08:07:40 PM
Is Alex Birch still around? I remember him starting a great experiment with Corrupt, somewhere between US weekly and Grishnak. My hat's off to him [you?] for your months and years of effort.

For whatever reason though it seems it didn't work out. Was it the lobsters in the bucket pulling it down, or personal momentum, or not enough cross traffic? I feel the experiment is a worthy one, but perhaps it could work both ways... In addition to making the Anus ideas more readily acceptable, perhaps we can use it to guide ourselves into more effective patterns? I see many posts on this site about exercise, diet, reading lists, tips and tricks to get through the day and still be true to your ideals.

When listening to metal I feel great, but when analyzed it seems like thunder in a bottle. If others feel similarly perhaps we can channel our energy into something outwardly facing.

I think there is enough momentum now on the web for generally manly things/how to/life hacking/ [or is it mostly whoring from the merchant class?]. Maybe a skill based site with smatterings of critical thinking? Crowd source or top down management? Link whoring or smart alliances? Comment section or redirect conversation here? How much does it cost to run one of these sites, and if expensive, why not force the main contributors to donate a percentage in order to "encourage" consistency, and if profitable, return the fee and dump the rest into maintaining the Anusphere?

Thoughts?