Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Goreaphobia

Goreaphobia
April 06, 2012, 07:37:40 PM
Anyone else think they're the bees knees?

Re: Goreaphobia
April 06, 2012, 08:12:30 PM
Aye, REAL oldschool death metal. Admittedly, I neither owned nor was aware of their existence until they reformed albeit I had already been properly acclimated into the DM genre prior to this. I think that showcases the tragedy of lacking promotion, and dedication of fans to keep the legacy of great acts alive in their suggestions and celebrations. Aesthetically their live performance is captivating, along with the colorful personality of Chris Gamble (befitting, methinks for a former live-Absu member), who by all standards is the template Hessian. This is a guy I've known personally for at least since they're reunion, and I can speak with confidence that the man is 100% dedicated to the art of Metal and virtually none of the accessories that come along with the scene- I think this is a reason why their music is so well crafted in that he's unconcerned with what people are expecting in the concurrent trends of the day. His frame of reference is very admirable. High hopes for his continued work and his undiluted dedication to the Hessian culture.

April 06, 2012, 08:21:10 PM

Gee golly gosh, I sure think they're swell, too! I've only got that "Vile Beast of Abomination" compilation, but I'll be darned if that isn't some of the most fiery and energetic death metal I've heard in some time! Leaves me plum tuckered by the end of it!

April 06, 2012, 08:21:54 PM
Lack of review of new Goreaphobia = ANUS.com fail.

April 06, 2012, 08:22:15 PM

Gee golly gosh, I sure think they're swell, too! I've only got that "Vile Beast of Abomination" compilation, but I'll be darned if that isn't some of the most fiery and energetic death metal I've heard in some time! Leaves me plum tuckered by the end of it!

April 06, 2012, 08:27:56 PM
Related Blood Storm as well. Outlandish Black/Speed Metal crossover, not too dissimilar to Absu.

April 06, 2012, 08:44:21 PM
Related Blood Storm as well. Outlandish Black/Speed Metal crossover, not too dissimilar to Absu.

The Pestilence from the Dragonstar was my favorite of their albums. The Death by the Stormwizard was awesome too. This was some of the first underground shit I ever got into, like ten years or better ago. It has been a long time since I've listened to their Frostian buzzsaw assault of kaos magik. I know what I'm gonna do today.

April 06, 2012, 10:02:31 PM
For those not familiar with this band...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knwCzs6ohQg

total shit.

April 06, 2012, 10:08:49 PM
hahahaha, that is an AMAZING video!

Why do bands release shit like that? Absolutely terrible!

April 06, 2012, 10:24:16 PM

total shit.

Video is...well, it isn't as bad as "Call of the Wintermoon" or "Bewitched" which were awesome songs from awesome albums.

But what is wrong otherwise?

April 07, 2012, 05:18:22 PM

total shit.

Please. Video's cheesy but this band kills. Cure yourself of the AIDS.

April 07, 2012, 10:37:20 PM
They sound like garbage to my ears. Kind of mall metal-ish, or something similar to Bloodsoaked(also mall metal).  The vocals are just terrible and the overall sound isn't foreboding like classic death metal.

April 07, 2012, 10:54:51 PM
They sound like garbage to my ears. Kind of mall metal-ish, or something similar to Bloodsoaked(also mall metal).  The vocals are just terrible and the overall sound isn't foreboding like classic death metal.

Not quite mall metal, but definitely nothing to get excited about. And that is literally the most embarrassing, foolish metal video I've ever seen.

April 07, 2012, 11:17:21 PM

Try this instead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idexTcwtBo0&feature=related

April 07, 2012, 11:22:02 PM

Mall-metal...Goreaphobia...

Listen to Mortal Repulsion all the way through. You're selling yourself short. There is nothing mall about it.