Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Leftist Logic.

Leftist Logic.
April 07, 2012, 07:17:37 AM
The left likes to 'debate', yet it has no capacity to do so.
It often appears to win such events, because sanity is no counter to insanity.
Reason is of no use against a leftist, because the leftist does not recognize it.
Logic is based upon reason.
Reason is based upon reality.
Conservatism is based upon these things.

The left bases its substitute for reason, upon emotion, not logic.
It has no way of recognizing what reality is, because its emotion-based reason is blind to consequences.
It starts out with false assumptions to base its views upon, and so is incapable of making sense.

"We all agree," is one of these assumptions. 
"We all agree that women are equal to men, and all religions are equally valid, except our own, which we all agree is worthless."
"We all agree that human-rights are a good thing."
"We all agree that there is nothing wrong with homosexuality."
When we don't all agree, at all.
There was never a time when everybody agreed upon anything.

Logic depends upon deciding a valid starting point.
Reason depends upon emotion-free employment of logic.
Reality depends upon nothing at all: it is what it is, as long as emotions do not render it something it is not.

The left is a neurotic woman.
The right is a calculating man.
Maybe both are less than desirable, but one is certainly a LOT less desirable.

Re: Leftist Logic.
April 07, 2012, 11:57:20 AM
The important point, reading between the lines, is that leftism is a manifestation of a common psychological dysfunction.

Leftism doesn't really exist. It assembles itself to conceal this neurosis...

I'll let a leftist like Wolfgang take the rebuttal (five minutes).

April 07, 2012, 06:18:08 PM
Wolfgang, to his hypothetical credit, is busily engaged in a basic reevaluation of his value.
And I'd be very surprised if there were not others, busily engaged in pretty much the same thing.
Who knows? There may be interesting times ahead...

Phoenix

April 07, 2012, 09:23:16 PM
As has been repeated many times over the past weeks, the bulk of the Right and the bulk of the Left is all garbage, and it's useless to compare the minority of the Right which possesses real wisdom--the New Right or however you wish to refer to it--with the bulk of the Left that is garbage. For a real comparison and contrast, compare the best of both sides, not the best of one side and the worst of the other.

But who cares what I say, the two of you can keep agreeing with one another, but a real conversation will only start when more participants join in. I wonder if they'll show up to this lovely thread.

April 07, 2012, 09:55:45 PM
You confuse 'real conversation' with a free-for-all, gloves-off, knock-down drag-out street fight.
There is already a 'real conversation' going on.
Please try not to trash it.

Phoenix

April 07, 2012, 10:34:04 PM
I'll leave you two alone...

April 07, 2012, 10:49:33 PM
The important point, reading between the lines, is that leftism is a manifestation of a common psychological dysfunction.

Leftism doesn't really exist. It assembles itself to conceal this neurosis...

I'll let a leftist like Wolfgang take the rebuttal (five minutes).

My views get me called a fascist anywhere else. You advocated voting for a quasi-liberal like Romney. You're caught in the cycle of decay. You've become an unknowing participant for the dissemination of  destructive values.

April 07, 2012, 11:55:14 PM
Hardly.
He knows exactly what he is doing, which is a thing so rare, that nobody recognizes it.
His view is not the view of all, or even the many, but it is most certainly a considered view.

April 08, 2012, 02:51:36 AM
Leftism --> subjectivity -->narcissism --> decay

April 08, 2012, 03:02:48 AM

You have that reversed. Logic precedes reason. Energy and matter could not exist without the preceding logical framework (Truth/God/etc.) within which to manifest. This framework is not space and time which only necessarily results from energy and matter.

April 08, 2012, 03:10:32 AM
As has been repeated many times over the past weeks, the bulk of the Right and the bulk of the Left is all garbage, and it's useless to compare the minority of the Right which possesses real wisdom--the New Right or however you wish to refer to it--with the bulk of the Left that is garbage. For a real comparison and contrast, compare the best of both sides, not the best of one side and the worst of the other.

(1) Just compare the ideologies. Do not compare instances, compare ideas.
(2) The "left and right are equally garbage" is an excuse made by lazy moral cowards for their own inaction.

Leftism --> subjectivity -->narcissism --> decay

If you add "universalism/utilitarianism" as a third element, I'm in full agreement.

You have that reversed. Logic precedes reason.

Reason/rationality are human versions of logic. Back to Sheldrake.

April 08, 2012, 03:14:34 AM
(2) The "left and right are equally garbage" is an excuse made by lazy moral cowards for their own inaction.

No the fuck it isn't. Choosing the right when you're exposed to what you've been exposed to indicates laziness and or mental ineptitude.

And you broke character under the crow nickname too much and your cover is blown. 

April 08, 2012, 03:16:48 AM
Choosing the right when
you're exposed to
  what you've been exposed to
indicates laziness and or mental ineptitude.

What are you trying to say here? It's vague.

April 08, 2012, 03:19:22 AM
Choosing the right when
you're exposed to

No it isn't.

April 08, 2012, 03:21:45 AM
Choosing the right when
you're exposed to

No it isn't.

Please elucidate.