Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Human rights = death

Human rights = death
April 07, 2012, 01:46:45 PM
So 'human rights' is at the top of your must-have list?
That's no surprise. I wonder that you haven't realized what a death-sentence to humanity that idiotic fantasy is yet.

Human rights is a sub-category of equality.

Equality means that a genius and an idiot get the same say in running our society...

Just think on how destructive that is, all of us.

Re: Human rights = death
April 07, 2012, 05:07:01 PM
You're painting with too wide of a brush.

Equality can never exist in reality. It's just a concept. True.

HOWEVER

Does this mean we should abandon ALL compassion for fellow man? Say the scenario is complete where the dumbest and worthless in society are weeded out, and our Earth goes back to a healthy population of around 1/2-1 billion people. We should care nothing for our neighbors in our tight knit communities? We should deny people the right to not live in chains and work as a productive member of society?

Putting human rights at the top of a list of desirable things in society is an error. But putting it at the bottom is also an error.

April 07, 2012, 05:30:53 PM
Does this mean we should abandon ALL compassion for fellow man? Say the scenario is complete where the dumbest and worthless in society are weeded out, and our Earth goes back to a healthy population of around 1/2-1 billion people. We should care nothing for our neighbors in our tight knit communities? We should deny people the right to not live in chains and work as a productive member of society?

Stop -- hammertime. You've conflated "equality" with "caring about our neighbors." Are you sure this is not an unintentional false dichotomy?

April 07, 2012, 05:54:10 PM
Caring about your neighbours is fine.
As long as they are your neighbours.
Anyone you can see, with unaided vision, is your neighbour.
Anyone you can only see with newspapers, TV, video, or binoculars, is not.

April 07, 2012, 07:43:04 PM
A feminen tendency is to care about beings who appear weaker. This is great for motherhood, but giving the vote to mentally handicapped because you care about them is destructive to a home (and society)

Phoenix

April 07, 2012, 09:36:23 PM
So 'human rights' is at the top of your must-have list?
That's no surprise. I wonder that you haven't realized what a death-sentence to humanity that idiotic fantasy is yet.

Conservationist, Crow's quote was in reply to my saying that human rights is the least important factor in determining which party I vote for. The least. Do you encourage this sort of behavior?

Human rights is a sub-category of equality.

Equality means that a genius and an idiot get the same say in running our society...

Just think on how destructive that is, all of us.

It's very strange to hear you advocating for equality and human rights. Are you a closet leftist?

Talk about forum standards.

April 07, 2012, 10:02:08 PM
Like I mentioned, earlier, your comments are often ambiguous.
This is the result of your emotional state.
The trick is to know what you want to say, decide whether it's worth saying, decide how best to convey it, type it, check it, check it again, then hit the 'Post' button.
When you just get wound-up, blurt and post, you get ambiguity, although you might understand the meaning, you are nobody else.

Phoenix

April 07, 2012, 10:29:00 PM
Like I mentioned, earlier, your comments are often ambiguous.
This is the result of your emotional state.
The trick is to know what you want to say, decide whether it's worth saying, decide how best to convey it, type it, check it, check it again, then hit the 'Post' button.
When you just get wound-up, blurt and post, you get ambiguity, although you might understand the meaning, you are nobody else.

I honestly thought you were just pulling my chain. But since it was an honest mistake on your part but you now criticize my clarity, allow me to post the passage in question and let others come to their own determinations about my level of clarity:
I do not vote for the NDP because I believe they are the strongest party in the area of human rights, what appeals to me most is their economic policies, their environmental policies (which I forgot to mention earlier) and their military policies

April 07, 2012, 10:50:51 PM
Ambiguous.
"I do not vote for the NDP because I believe they are the strongest party..."
You don't vote for them? Starting a sentence with a negative has the effect of ambiguity. It colours the rest.
It never recovers from its beginning. I still am not sure what it means.
What does it mean?

April 07, 2012, 11:10:15 PM
Stop -- hammertime. You've conflated "equality" with "caring about our neighbors." Are you sure this is not an unintentional false dichotomy?

My mistake. Good point.

But to be fair, to shop this viewpoint around it is important to make that distinction. Equality in the sense of treating our neighbors in an "equal" manner (ie - contributing to each other and growing as a community, not just having one leech off of others). I suppose that equality is not the proper word for what I mean.

April 07, 2012, 11:16:12 PM
Sanity, perhaps?

Phoenix

April 07, 2012, 11:18:14 PM
Ambiguous.
"I do not vote for the NDP because I believe they are the strongest party..."
You don't vote for them? Starting a sentence with a negative has the effect of ambiguity. It colours the rest.
It never recovers from its beginning. I still am not sure what it means.
What does it mean?

From what I said,
it's impossible to conclude that human rights is a primary concern of mine,
unless you're only looking for what you want to find.
And you still can't drop it.
Was I unclear?
Let's see.
Previously in that thread it was established that I vote for the NDP.
With this in mind, let's rephrase the sentence slightly:
"I do not vote for the NDP because I believe they are the strongest party in the area of human rights, but rather because what appeals to me most is their economic policies, their environmental policies (which I forgot to mention earlier) and their military policies"
That addition should not be necessary,
but I add it now for your benefit.
I'm just a nice guy like that.
And certainly I'm not getting under your skin
whatsoever.
I'll tell you a secret though:
you're getting under mine.
But it's not really a secret,
what's there to hide?
Besides, a good adversary
is hard to find.
I suppose I'm just a bit
disappointed.

April 07, 2012, 11:47:51 PM
You assume I would fill in the missing words, assuming I would assume what those words were, to give it the best possible meaning.
And I would, usually do that, and hope for the best.
But when someone sets themselves up as an adversary, from the outset, and relentlessly tries to win a battle that isn't even happening, all while consciously attempting to undermine and ridicule me, so that others may do the same, I tend not to bother.
I see most of your posts quite differently to the way you see them.
Communication takes skill.
Sometimes it comes with age.
Sometimes it never comes.

April 08, 2012, 12:05:46 AM
I don't trouble myself with that. You do what you do. It's no concern of mine.
You have consistently misread me, from the outset, even though I write for five year olds and leave lots of space.
It is actually very common.
If tiresome, for me.

Take my word for this:
I mean you no harm.
You are not wise, and not especially brilliant.
So what? You're young and want to impress.
Normal.
What is not advantageous, is to attempt to destroy what you do not yet understand.
You might want to reconsider your approach, to include consideration of unfamiliar concepts.
What could you lose?
Clearly you know some useful things, yet they do nothing for you, yet.
Only make you pugnacious and combative.
Normal again.
I am an old guy. I've been everywhere and done everything.
It stands to reason that much of what I am is outside your experience.
This does not make me better.
It makes me older.
It also, in this particular case, makes me wiser.
Deal with it.

April 08, 2012, 02:17:03 AM
I suppose that equality is not the proper word for what I mean.

Civility and community can work with caste, deference and ditching the human garbage. They eventually cease to function under ever more extreme iterations of newly legislated or socially expected equality which is what the left delivers in its pursuit of mutual solipsism.