Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

What is our mission?

What is our mission?
April 08, 2012, 01:02:45 PM

Re: What is our mission?
April 09, 2012, 06:50:35 AM
I'd been wondering about that.
Well, one thing you can say for it: it's certainly achievable.

April 09, 2012, 11:35:06 AM
No statement was made.

April 09, 2012, 12:59:03 PM
Who is we? I'm here for the metal.

April 10, 2012, 04:23:41 AM
I don't know about your mission, but mine is to live life according to values that I've set for myself. Just so happens that I like traditionalist ones.

April 11, 2012, 02:48:26 AM
The members of this forum have admitted they are unaware of what our mission is. This has been noted.

Ideology

This is a death metal forum. Our goal is to spread the idea that underground death metal is art. Specifically, it is European Romantic art, which has several attributes:

(1) Worship of the ancient
(2) Embrace of the natural
(3) Post-moralism and quasi-nihilism
(4) A longing for adventure and conflict
(5) An admiration for nature
(6) Nationalism

We seek to promote the best of death metal, as art, and art which has the above attributes.

Method

Publish information about the good music and attract people who like good music. Ignore the metal scenesters who are already entrenched, as they are so invested in being metal they can't tell the difference between good and crap.

Become popular enough that we are known to all, and the best come to us. Fight hard for this music.

April 11, 2012, 06:50:47 AM
Due to the nature of the internet, and this site in particular, this idea may seem impracticable. Please offer some decent replies and avoid the stupid noise that's been filling up these forums lately.

We need to try and do something physically to establish identity, for ourselves here as a cohesive social unit, and to show intelligent outsiders that this not a "Nazi" site or a bunch of whiny tools reserved to the internet, but people who are capable of acting and are passionate about what they do. Perhaps this means creating a distro, putting on shows, or just attending shows together, but something other than the isolation that this currently is, considering most other metal forums are retarded and essentially uniform in their approach (messy, inarticulate, arbitrary opinion type stuff), so we are very much a singularity. Also I believe the denomination of Dark Legions will play a lot better than ANUS in attracting people.

Perhaps even something like trying to start an Appalachian trail hike (not the whole thing) only for metal folks of good taste may result in the creation of something bigger than what is currently, and unfortunately, an outsider movement in an outsider culture.  

Of personal aside, it's disheartening to see the discussion sink to a very low point. I've been posting and reading here since '05-'06 or so and it may be the only place on the internet for quality metal discussion.

April 11, 2012, 01:01:53 PM
I am so confused. Is this the Amerika.org forum for politics, or the Deathmetal.org forum for metal? Either way, too many cooks in the kitchen. It's time to nominate a leader and stop the chatter. Ban Wolfgang and Spectrum, who have trashed this forum with their constant replies while blaming crow for them.

April 11, 2012, 03:28:42 PM
Ban Wolfgang, Spectrum and crow. Who needs the headaches?