Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Eugenocide

Eugenocide
April 08, 2012, 01:27:20 PM
This is a thread in which you post a single word: YES or NO.

Here is the question:

Would human civilization be better or worse if we fed all the under-120s into a woodchipper?

Re: Eugenocide
April 08, 2012, 11:55:29 PM
YES

(I honestly believe character is more important than intelligence, killing all under-120s would be a big step towards a society of better character though)

April 09, 2012, 12:01:04 AM
No.

Mainly because 120s would be better utilized for leadership roles, and lower IQs (not too low, mind you) could be used for various things that are important to civilizations that do not need much brain power.  Useful roles that, say, 98s-110s can do with ease will be plentiful in a civilization. Just because a guy is 100 IQ, doesn't mean he cannot be useful to a civilization. Nor does it mean he will be some sort of slob if he is raised in proper culture.

I know plenty of average IQ people that are good people and do useful things. I'd say people sub-98 IQ would be exiled. The rest can work well together in complimentary roles.

I think the problem is culture. If you have a shit culture, lower IQ people will act more foolishly and dangerously. If you have a better culture, there are systems in place that will keep them respectful and in their organic places.

120+ IQs will not march off to war to be slaughtered in their millions.

April 09, 2012, 12:15:21 AM
NO.

Human society has existed for how long now with plenty of under 120's around? I'm with von list. You give a person a position of usefulness and he isn't a problem. You still need someone to scrub the sewage from the streets. You can place hope in a society of over 120's solving the issue of sewage in the streets so the lesser man is unneeded. It is, still just a hope. The opinions of the "stupid" do not matter if you do not give them the option of actualizing them. Reproduction does not produce perfect results. Genious parents will not always produce genius offspring. Or do we all need a crash course in biology?

April 09, 2012, 02:03:34 AM
No.

All 'types' have a place in a healthy culture. Try getting mathematical geniuses to be blacksmiths.

And the state system that would need to be in place to enact such a brutal policy would be menacing, dangerous and open to great abuse, to say the least

April 09, 2012, 03:17:33 AM
No.

As I said in my other post, the act of exterminating all of these people would have deep psychological and spiritual consequences which would deform the nature of the emergent social order. A more intelligent, less emo solution would be to increase the intelligence of the population through more creative (and more realistic) means. Improve/restore religion, improve/restore education, etc. Encourage positive eugenics. Apply negative eugenics in a thoughtful, cautious way, where absolutely necessary and when it is unlikely to produce massive, unintended side effects (i.e, a spirit-crushing, cruel, paranoid social order used to killing people off according to an overly simplistic formula).

April 09, 2012, 01:06:00 PM
YES.

Smart people are arrogant. Force them to clean toilets, bust rocks, make sandwiches and shit and keep themselves humble. Then consider that idiots do nothing but waste time and bungle. Smart people then don't clean up after the bunglers and society goes to shit.

April 09, 2012, 05:04:20 PM
civilizations that do not need much brain power

What in the hell sort of place would that be? Is it even fit for vertebrates much less mammals?

April 10, 2012, 04:01:16 AM
No.

There are a lot of mundane tasks that need to be done, and it's a waste to have intelligent people doing them. What we really need iis to replace egalitarianism with a traditional system. Too bad it'll take total society collapse for that to happen.

April 10, 2012, 05:55:11 AM
Somebody, somewhere, sometime, should redefine what 'an intellectual' actually is.
My impression is that it's something not very useful.

April 10, 2012, 04:27:26 PM
Yes.

Getting intelligent people to do "mundane tasks" teaches them a certain humility which is severely lacking nowadays (especially around here, including in myself).

We could bring humanity down to one single, localised population per ethnicity, comprising only those people of sufficient quality to advance their nation.  Let the wilderness take the slums we call cities; live in bunkers in the woods and advance technology and culture while maintaining healthy, "natural" lifestyles.

April 10, 2012, 09:51:30 PM
Yes.  Impale the under-120s.

The point of life is to produce the Overman.  Only the greatest of the great and the rarest of the rare justify life.  I wouldn't miss 75% of my cousins anyway!

We must build our cities on the slopes of Vesuvius!

April 11, 2012, 02:02:22 AM
No.

As I and other users have said, something essential would be missing from society after the fact: reverence for life, moral tradition, a soul... such are the things a culture needs to blossom.