Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Consistent bands

Consistent bands
April 09, 2012, 12:41:53 PM
Another chance to impress with musical knowledge!

I've got to ask, bands you consider to have a flawless discography or let it be bands where everything is at least worth checking out.

*Summoning, Graveland, Averse Sefira, Gorguts, The Beatles, Kraftwerk, Beherit and Demoncy come to mind.
Haven't heard all the works of any composer out there, but I think this thread will make many shine (the usual suspects a la bruckner and haydn perhaps?)
Recently Wolfgang brought 'Impiety' under the attention, I too think they might deserve a place here.

My fanboyism demands to mention 'The Flower Kings': seemingly the typical yes/crimson/elp/genesis/floyd/tull retroheads, but still fighting to make a difference.

Re: Consistent bands
April 09, 2012, 01:04:55 PM
Why the Beatles, though? I can't find any enjoyment out of them, but I suppose that could just be me.

I'd put Asphyx on this list because they're just all-around great. Also, some Demilich because they were one of the few bands smart enough to stop releasing material before they turned to shit.

April 09, 2012, 02:06:48 PM
Why the Beatles, though? I can't find any enjoyment out of them, but I suppose that could just be me.

I'd put Asphyx on this list because they're just all-around great. Also, some Demilich because they were one of the few bands smart enough to stop releasing material before they turned to shit.

Asphyx has more than their share of garbage. Demilich only released one album.

Manilla Road comes to mind, a couple of misteps, but remarkably high quality overall (the same can be said for Summoning, Graveland, Gorguts, Beherit). Inquisition is another.

April 09, 2012, 03:49:22 PM
Skip the Beatles.  Manilla Road are a must.  How about Profanatica?  I haven't heard an unenjoyable release, though they never quite reach "awesome".

April 09, 2012, 04:26:16 PM
Profantica/Havohej, i have enjoyed all their works.  Summoning and Graveland are probably the best candidates because they have produced so many albums of high quality,

Beherit.  For me, first discovering this band and listening through their insane discography was actually one of the best experiences with metal I have ever had.
Bathory. Consistent for the first 6 albums in a row, with each one being highly influential.

April 09, 2012, 09:52:21 PM
Impiety sure, everything from them is good(and I just checked out their 93 tape and it was pretty sweet too), but that said, despite my fond affinity for them, I kind of see them as second tier in terms of creativity. Either way, they are committed to the metal mission and always have been.

Incantation is a first tier band that never dips too far below the first tier(except for maybe Blasphemy) but the fanboy in me likes everything they've done at least partially.

April 10, 2012, 01:39:33 AM
The complete Emperor discography is like a Maine Coon.

April 10, 2012, 04:38:29 AM
What the fuck does that mean?

The usual suspects have already been mentioned, so I'll mention The Chasm.

April 10, 2012, 02:43:25 PM
What the fuck does that mean?

The usual suspects have already been mentioned, so I'll mention The Chasm.

Haha; that was the best response ever. Maybe this will explain more. Maine Coons are pretty much my favorite breed (or evolution- depends on your viewpoint) of feline. They evolved from the already aesthetically stunning Norwegian forest cat, a long haired vicious predatory feline used for rodent control on drakkar ships (and probably companionship as well), despite their wild nature, they are highly social to their masters and their associates. Carried to Canada originally and then eventually bred with surrounding domestic short haired cat breeds, the Maine Coon appears to have variety, for example the above listed is a genealogical Bombay (probably) + Norwegian Forest Cat hybrid = Maine Coon. What a stunning mystical air it has about it.

In their infancy, Maine Coons are aggressive players. They enjoy exercise and adventure. Keeping it domesticated can be quite difficult as it tends to knock shit over and has the potential to destroy things in your household, but it's all for the greater cause of their healthy playtime. As they begin to mature, their interest seems to evolve into eccentric, more meaningful time with their masters. They'll choose quality time over quantity (of) time. They begin to have an affinity of sleeping in the same beds as their masters, eating the same times, bathrooming, grooming. They are, in the truest sense, a companion and loyal friend. Getting older once again becomes difficult. They want variety in everything. Their interests change like people - they refuse to play with the same pull-toy and toy-rat for too long. They want more involved playtime, even it the tasks themselves are not super-meaningful - they've already won your heart, so now they want to explore their environment and capabilities for all they can yield.

I hope that explains what I said. Thanks for the conversation.