Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Science vs. Spirituality.

Re: Science vs. Spirituality.
April 12, 2012, 06:39:44 AM
Whatever you say, Jack.
Squawk!

April 12, 2012, 06:43:09 AM
Whatever you say, Jack.

In all seriousness, "son" is a term of endearment 'round these parts, not really a statement about age.  I write like I talk, and I talk like a kid from the holler made good.

April 12, 2012, 06:48:36 AM
Sounds more like 'horseshit' to me.
Squawk!

April 12, 2012, 06:56:13 AM
You'll hear what you want to hear, and there's no sense in trying to make it otherwise. 

May the road you travel lead to where you'd wish to go.  As for me and my house, we shall seek sleep. 

April 12, 2012, 04:31:33 PM
I feel older than dirt, and that's all that matters, right?

Feelings don't matter; they are either a pose or self-pity. Thought and action do.

If pseudo-profundity were a commodity, this forum would set the spot prices for futures trading.

NHA

April 12, 2012, 05:19:29 PM

April 12, 2012, 05:34:02 PM
Lighting just is. Science tries to explain/control it.

I concur.  No disagreement.
His Majesty at the Swamp / Black Arts Lead to Everlasting Sins / Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism / Oath of Black Blood / Privilege of Evil / Dawn of Possession / In Battle There is No Law / Thousand Swords / To Mega Therion

April 13, 2012, 02:19:39 AM
I feel older than dirt, and that's all that matters, right?

Feelings don't matter; they are either a pose or self-pity. Thought and action do.

If pseudo-profundity were a commodity, this forum would set the spot prices for futures trading.

I don't think it's pseudo-profundity or profundity. I think it's true.

Feelings are undisciplined aesthetic urges. Emotions, when we use in the sense of fully developed conscious urges, are disciplined responses to these aesthetic urges using the logic of aesthetics as it can be made compatible with the logic of logistics.

Random "feelings" is 11 year old girls wishing on stars. Appropriate for them. Not for you and I.

Criticism of this forum is totally overblown and you've been given a place to do it, which makes me wonder why you're doing it in this thread.

Any other objections will be handled by Turkish oil wrestling with handlebar moustaches.