Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

April 10, 2012, 06:00:11 PM
It's going to Obama. Like 2008 the right is divided. No candidate is liked by everyone, each has his own camp.

Re: 2012
April 10, 2012, 06:02:59 PM
It is good to know this, in advance.
I shall continue to provision my spaceship.

April 10, 2012, 06:22:40 PM
I don't think you will get far. Obama is an alien. His spacecrafts are all around the world waiting his victory to descend upon earth.

April 10, 2012, 06:33:26 PM
I don't think you will get far. Obama is an alien. His spacecrafts are all around the world waiting his victory to descend upon earth.

My spaceship is a Quantum Spaceship. It is powered by a second-quantum hyperdrive.
Obama's, on the other hand, is powered by delusion and deception.
His drive can get him quite far, but not nearly as far - or as fast - as mine.

On the downside: my drive is so large that the lifesystem only allows for single-occupancy.
Tightly packed into a General Products #3 hull.
Impervious to anything but visible light.
Pretty damned bulletproof.

April 10, 2012, 10:29:22 PM
Pluralism combined with democracy causes dysfunction. From one of his famous works, Carl Schmitt gave us something to that effect. I believe democracy, through promiscuous altruism (abolitionists e.g.) in fact does tend toward universal enfranchisement and this in turn causes the very pluralism that ends democracy. By necessity, something authoritarian or totalitarian is urged into power by the stronger political competitor in the hopes of returning the society to some semblance of livable order.

April 10, 2012, 11:26:04 PM
Pluralism combined with democracy causes dysfunction. From one of his famous works, Carl Schmitt gave us something to that effect. I believe democracy, through promiscuous altruism (abolitionists e.g.) in fact does tend toward universal enfranchisement and this in turn causes the very pluralism that ends democracy. By necessity, something authoritarian or totalitarian is urged into power by the stronger political competitor in the hopes of returning the society to some semblance of livable order.

Is there historical precedent for all Democracies turning towards totalitarianism?

April 10, 2012, 11:38:03 PM
Yeah Plato for the eternal view, Schmitt indisputably for his own time and place, and the contemporary world around us for still more proofs-cuz-I-just-cant-accept-it.

April 11, 2012, 04:56:13 AM
Romney has a solid shot, I think.

Too bad he is a pile of shit.

April 11, 2012, 05:00:18 AM
The Republicans threw the election months ago. Who really believed the contraception issue was really an issue with anyone in the party's base?

Does anyone here still think the system isn't rigged?

April 11, 2012, 05:02:00 AM
Does it really have to be rigged? Most of the truly important problems in America never get solved no matter who is in office.

April 11, 2012, 05:29:51 AM
Does it really have to be rigged? Most of the truly important problems in America never get solved no matter who is in office.

Read your question and statement again back to yourself. If the same issues continue to perpetuate no matter what side is in office, wouldn't that be suggestive of a system failure?

April 11, 2012, 12:35:38 PM

Read your question and statement again back to yourself. If the same issues continue to perpetuate no matter what side is in office, wouldn't that be suggestive of a system failure?

That doesn't necessarily mean it's rigged. There are other ways for a system to fail.

April 11, 2012, 12:45:42 PM

Yes, it would, but what system? The political system? Short-sighted. The problem is much more fundamental.