Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

A place for users to show their art

A place for users to show their art
April 10, 2012, 06:54:21 PM
Someone recently mention that it would be a good idea to have a post where one could show his artistic creations be it, pictures, litterature, drawing. So there it is.
If this place is going to last, maturity should be the first concern. Critics can be harsh but they should  always remain fair, constructive and be writen in a civil tone.

I'll be the first one to dive in. It's principally drawing. My principal topics deal with nature, spirituality, spirituality in nature. There's nothing complex intellectually about any of my drawing maybe with a few exceptions. It's more like a door to something more but you have to find it yourself. It's old fashion, but it's sometime naive, maybe to naive that you will think it's been made by a retard. Well, you'll got to see for yourself.

http://monts-et-forets.blogspot.ca/

There is an exemple of it. But It's not that good. however, my other drawings are too "weighty" to appear on this site

Re: A place for users to show their art
April 10, 2012, 07:28:49 PM
Nothing there to criticize. It is what it is. A creation, where most create nothing.
Woman reaching for higher things. The higher thing being the only thing having colour.

Here's one of mine :)

There is a crow, who feeds the wasps,
they don't eat much, it is no loss.
And when they're full, before they go,
they come and tell it:  "zzzZank-you, crow!"

There was a cat, who chased the crow,
the cat would pounce, the crow would go. 
With beak held high, legs hanging down,
"Are you a cat, or are you clown?"

"No clown am I," replied the cat.
"You're lucky that you are so fat.
And that I mean you no real harm.
I only chase you, to alarm".

At this idea, the crow first scoffed.
Then tried it out, and chased his wasps.
Who much enjoyed this game, you know,
and buzzed off, giggling: "zzzZank-you, crow!"

NHA

April 10, 2012, 08:28:39 PM

April 10, 2012, 09:45:41 PM
I paint denim back together with needle and thread.

I am lacking a before picture, but I think most people can conjure a mental image of a blown open rear pocket.

April 11, 2012, 12:01:29 AM
Nice to see someone repairing something.
I repair things all the time.
Often the repaired thing is superior to when it was new.
I did a fair bit of stitching when I worked for a car upholstery outfit in California.
I drew the line at hacking huge holes in the roofs of brand new Porsches, to install sunroofs, though.

How do I show images, here?

April 11, 2012, 12:03:21 AM
Aha! Image of bent chimney before I built a whole new thingy to support it.

April 11, 2012, 01:20:51 AM
Well lost wanderer you fucked me up, because if you think your drawings resemble ones made by a retard how am I going to post mine? I enjoyed yours.

http://imageshack.us/g/713/14343990.jpg/

You have to zoom it to get full size

April 11, 2012, 01:46:55 AM
Well, maybe the word "retard" is a bit too much. I said that in comparison to what can be seen by some people as "High art", an art with a lot of theories and secret meanings. I guest I went too close to the world of academic art for my own good.

April 11, 2012, 01:52:17 AM
An unholy snow sculpture animated through esoteric sorcery to butcher hipsters

April 11, 2012, 02:10:09 AM
Crow, your house... do you live in faerytale land?

Neat art everybody. Hails to those who create. 

My last artistic creations involved photoshop, anime characters, and digital fonts. They're not gonna see the light of day :)

April 11, 2012, 01:12:22 PM
This thread is a bad idea. People are going to post crap and no one will be polite enough to say, that's crap. Kind of like when that autist posted his black metal Tuvan throat singing.

April 11, 2012, 02:12:09 PM

April 11, 2012, 04:31:09 PM
http://monts-et-forets.blogspot.ca/

There is an exemple of it. But It's not that good. however, my other drawings are too "weighty" to appear on this site

At your best, you have captured the Ildjarn spirit of black metal, perhaps improved upon it. Your ambient music is similarly competent, moreso than other forum produce I've heard.

April 11, 2012, 08:30:39 PM
Art as a hobby is fine. Art as a career is useless.

April 11, 2012, 09:53:39 PM
This thread is a bad idea. People are going to post crap and no one will be polite enough to say, that's crap.

No it isn't. We're all mature people here, I'm sure no one would get butthurt at constructive criticism.

Just popping in and saying "that's crap" contributes nothing, however.

Von List - your snowman gave me a mighty chuckle. It is frostbitten and grim beyond 98% of modern black metal.

NHA - care to describe your method of creating images like that? Very evocative, almost sensual imagery. I like it; would look great as part of a large mural.