Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Conspiracy theories

Conspiracy theories
April 11, 2012, 02:51:54 AM
Probably the dumbest, most asinine form of activism arises from this phenomenon.

I remember the old CORRUPT.ORG had a great article on conspiracy theories that admitted the mega-rich do exploit loopholes in the system to sway politics one way or the other, but emphasized the the fact that the problem is the people, not the elites -- does anyone have it saved?

Re: Conspiracy theories
April 11, 2012, 03:15:00 AM
The article I was thinking of wasn't a blogpost. It was in the corrupt files or something.

Anyways, I think the people who create and spread conspiratorial kinds of ideas are looking for a catch-all solution (besides the ego boost that goes along with being privy to 'the truth'). They want an easy answer to the question "Why is the world so fucked up?" so they make up stories about an evil league of supervillains bent on world domination.  Those who preach about the Illuminati and their schemes are really just immature, both intellectually and emotionally; intellectually in that they they believe the incoherent ramblings of washed-up basement dwellers without devoting any time to research it for themselves or think critically, and emotionally in that they blame their (society's) failures on some external source because they're unwilling to take responsibility for their own actions.

April 11, 2012, 03:25:08 AM
If someone steals from you - was it a conspiracy, or just theft?

Phoenix

April 11, 2012, 03:35:41 AM
It is one thing to say that there is a pattern in global socio-geo politics and economics wherein the poor are suppressed, the elite are privileged, and propaganda is perpetuated in order to maintain the status quo, and it is another thing entirely to suggest that a handful of people are at the helm of this pattern of affairs, deliberately directing it. That's what's so insidious about it--the pattern is part of you as well. Nevertheless, some actors in this play are more powerful than others.

April 11, 2012, 03:36:15 AM
I think it is safe to say there is a plan for a world government.

April 11, 2012, 03:47:18 AM
If someone steals from you - was it a conspiracy, or just theft?
Are you implying the political and economic elite are committing theft against the average citizen? If so, please explain.

If not... well, come to think of it, the last of my chocolate milk was missing this morning. The Illuminati must have infiltrated my family :(

It is one thing to say that there is a pattern in global socio-geo politics and economics wherein the poor are suppressed, the elite are privileged, and propaganda is perpetuated in order to maintain the status quo, and it is another thing entirely to suggest that a handful of people are at the helm of this pattern of affairs, deliberately directing it. That's what's so insidious about it--the pattern is part of you as well. Nevertheless, some actors in this play are more powerful than others.
The troubling part about the whole thing is these people--the Rockafellers and Soroses of the world--aren't in positions of power because they're good at leading people. They're just good at making money. How are we to make foolproof power structures without making money irrelevant? It seems impossible.

Phoenix

April 11, 2012, 04:02:30 AM
Cracking down on lobbyists and insisting on open books so we know who the moneys are coming from? You mean it seems impossible or there's no political will?

April 11, 2012, 04:14:56 AM
Cracking down on lobbyists and insisting on open books so we know who the moneys are coming from? You mean it seems impossible or there's no political will?
That was cynical of me. It's not impossible; of course we can enact legislation that mitigates the influence of money on our leaders. That comment was lamenting ancient times when leaders rose to prominence through action instead of how much symbolic value they possessed.

April 11, 2012, 04:24:59 AM

Most of those theories seem crazy but who knows in what world we are really living?

http://www.karmapolis.be/pipeline/interview_kerner2_uk.html

April 11, 2012, 04:37:20 AM
Who shot JFK?

We don't even fucking know. And no one was ever held accountable.

Yet "conspiracy theories" have no validity?

Knock it off. That is a meme perpetuated by cartoons and sitcoms.

Say what you mean. You mean Zionism isn't real. Instead of some sweeping generalization that is empty talk, disprove it.

April 11, 2012, 04:51:14 AM
I never said that. Of course conspiracies are real. Gulf of Tonkin, MKULTRA, I have no doubts of their historical veracity.

Perhaps I should have been more clear: My post was about how 9/11 truth movement and anti-NWO Info-Wars type activism  is a waste of time.

Say what you mean. You mean Zionism isn't real. Instead of some sweeping generalization that is empty talk, disprove it.
Another strawman. What exactly are you getting at? Please tell me the Protocols of the Elders of Zion isn't your starting point.

April 11, 2012, 04:57:22 AM
I never said that. Of course conspiracies are real. Gulf of Tonkin, MKULTRA, I have no doubts of their historical veracity.

Perhaps I should have been more clear: My post was about how 9/11 truth movement and anti-NWO Info-Wars type activism  is a waste of time.

Another strawman. What exactly are you getting at? Please tell me the Protocols of the Elders of Zion isn't your starting point.

Naw, looking at the history of this nation since WWII is my starting point.

AJ and infowars, the 9/11 truth movement may have some flaws and rail against some things I am not as concerned about or may not be real, but otherwise those sites are great resources. What if we dismissed this place for the founder endorsing a mainstream republican platform while turning a blind eye to the regenerating metal underground sans a few local bands that he knows personally?

Like with anything else, gotta eat the shit to get to the corn.

April 11, 2012, 05:22:42 AM

Naw, looking at the history of this nation since WWII is my starting point.

AJ and infowars, the 9/11 truth movement may have some flaws and rail against some things I am not as concerned about or may not be real, but otherwise those sites are great resources. What if we dismissed this place for the founder endorsing a mainstream republican platform while turning a blind eye to the regenerating metal underground sans a few local bands that he knows personally?

Like with anything else, gotta eat the shit to get to the corn.
Let's take a look at the first sentence of the first article I see on Infowars.

Quote from: Infowars
http://www.infowars.com/what-is-obamacare/

The US government can assassinate any US citizen that the executive branch thinks could possibly be a “threat” to the US government, or throw the hapless citizen into a dungeon for the rest of his or her life without presenting any evidence to a court or obtaining a conviction of any crime, or send the “threat” to a puppet foreign state to be tortured until the “threat” confesses to a crime that never occurred or dies at the hands of “freedom and democracy” while professing innocence.
Where's the evidence for these claims? And what does this have to do with Obamacare, supposedly the topic of the article? If this site could stop screaming "AMERICA IS A POLICE STATE OMG" into my ear for a second, perhaps I could glean some useful information.

What exactly does InfoWars say that you appreciate? Because I sure as hell can't see it.

Why do you beleive 9/11 was a conspiracy when all evidence points to the contrary?

April 11, 2012, 05:33:29 AM
All evidence does NOT point to the contrary, and the truth could be one of several possible conspiracies. With 9/11 all roads lead to Rome, so I avoid taking about it as much as I can because if the CIA did it, if Israel did it, if we at least knew about it and let it happen, or if it really happened as the mainstream sources say, no matter what imperialist Zionism(with associated Anglo oil cartel behavior) is at the core. So I just focus on the bigger problem.