Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Is death metal right-wing?

April 09, 2012, 03:09:53 PM
Let's resolve the propositional errors right now. American Republican Christianity is not strictly conservative. Death metal is mostly outside the bounds of the soft and hard left flavored liberal politics in America.

April 09, 2012, 10:30:56 PM
American Republican Christianity is not strictly conservative.

Even more, it's not a single thing. The American right is a big tent which includes everyone from moderates to paleoconservatives, who are like organic anti-statist fascists.

I am a crunchy paleocon, and here's my branch of the Republican party:

http://www.rep.org/

Death metal is mostly outside the bounds of the soft and hard left flavored liberal politics in America.

Death metal is entirely outside the bounds of modern society, which is exclusively liberal.

Grindcore is leftist; death metal is, for lack of a better term, realist. That makes it overlap with the right more than not.

April 10, 2012, 04:18:08 AM
I like the idea that death metal is anarcho-primitivism sans the actual political connotations.

April 10, 2012, 01:04:17 PM
Anarcho-primitivism. it seems to me that death metal denies people and society both. It's about reality without humans or reality not created and controlled by humans. Death metal is the primeval forest rising up to reclaim its throne.

April 11, 2012, 12:30:36 AM
I don't think the primeval forest needs deathmetal to enable its return.
But maybe deathmetal needs the primeval forest, to justify itself.
Like most things human.

Re: Is death metal right-wing?
April 11, 2012, 03:06:20 AM
I don't think death metal needs justification.

It loves the primeval forest and will help its return.

If any music got Generation X to wake up, it was death/black metal...

April 11, 2012, 04:50:02 AM
Metal in general is fairly right wing. It ranges from Megadeth-Birther to Burzum-Nationalist.

Bands like Slayer and Morbid Angel in their primes probably found more in common with the right than left, and share an admiration for classic European values, but would rather have had you stick a knife in Santorum than actually vote for him. (Tom not withstanding)

April 11, 2012, 01:10:55 PM
All the new metal is really left wing.

April 11, 2012, 01:28:35 PM
As Metal progressed from being Exclusive to being Inclusive, it moved from more traditional values (almost medievalism, in many cases) to more modern ones (Hipster Metal).

April 11, 2012, 02:12:52 PM
Inclusive describes their song writing style. This riff doesn't fit, sure throw it in, add some keyboards and sweep picking.

April 11, 2012, 04:24:37 PM
Inclusive describes their song writing style. This riff doesn't fit, sure throw it in, add some keyboards and sweep picking.

Evidently, liberal music attracts liberal minds!

April 11, 2012, 06:02:37 PM
When the song makes no sense, it is complete. It sounds just like the minds of its creators and listeners.

April 11, 2012, 06:05:14 PM
Ha! I like it :)

April 12, 2012, 04:15:00 AM
New metal types are more punk than metal. They are not fusions, like thrash. They are a takeover and assimilation. Metal was not generic and so it had to be disciplined by the Crowd.