Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Do we merge this forum with commerce?

Do we merge this forum with commerce?
April 11, 2012, 03:01:28 AM
Two options:

(1) Metal forum, no advertising.

(2) Metal forum, with advertising, at which point we should combine it with the advertising forum.

Which is it?

Re: Do we merge this forum with commerce?
April 11, 2012, 03:58:35 AM
Combine them. At this point only like minded bands would dare advertise here mostly anyway.
Lettin' nillas know.

I hope our aryan overlords will emerge form their l secret base below antartica and wipe all of those under 500 of IQ And don't have the ability to mindtravel into the Xerces Galaxy.

April 11, 2012, 12:39:07 PM
No advertising, clearly.  This has been discussed before: the commerce board is a good place for generally unwanted but perhaps specifically interesting (i.e. to a small group of people) topics pertaining to new releases/merchandise/whatever.  The Metal forum should exist for the discussion of (Metal) music, and, at times, I suppose, the composers/bands that make the music.

April 11, 2012, 12:53:02 PM
I like the current layout, if I had to choose then I would ditch the advertising altogether.

April 11, 2012, 01:15:28 PM
Ditch the advertising, replace it with real news. I have to go to MetalSucks and Invisible Oranges to get updates on classic bands. Y U SO FAIL ME, ANUS?
but i'm not sure if i can tinkle in front of a crowd.

April 12, 2012, 01:51:30 AM
Since this is a democracy, I vote option 1.

April 12, 2012, 11:36:38 PM
I vote option 1 as well
His Majesty at the Swamp / Black Arts Lead to Everlasting Sins / Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism / Oath of Black Blood / Privilege of Evil / Dawn of Possession / In Battle There is No Law / Thousand Swords / To Mega Therion

April 14, 2012, 01:32:27 AM
That would be cruel and unusual punishment.

Just looking for feedback.
Yeah, I know. I'm just being a dick. That's what bros do.

On a serious note: This topic has come up a few times and it seems like the overwhelming opinion is to keep direct advertising separate from this sub-forum. Might I ask what benefits you would see from merging the two?

April 14, 2012, 03:39:24 AM
As said before, the only solution is Turkish Oil wrestling.

I just try to put some feelers out and see how things are going. I never know what to do with Commerce; it's a spam trap, but it can be a useful spam trap. Sometimes however when the traffic here is low I think, why not just merge?

April 15, 2012, 08:32:06 AM
As said before, the only solution is Turkish Oil wrestling.

I just try to put some feelers out and see how things are going. I never know what to do with Commerce; it's a spam trap, but it can be a useful spam trap. Sometimes however when the traffic here is low I think, why not just merge?

You're just depressed. Go for a walk. Keep Commerce a separate forum. It would lower the traffic even more if the regulars here had to sift through all of the bullshit it catches to get to some quality metal discussion.