Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Do we merge this forum with commerce?

Do we merge this forum with commerce?
April 11, 2012, 03:01:28 AM
Two options:

(1) Metal forum, no advertising.

(2) Metal forum, with advertising, at which point we should combine it with the advertising forum.

Which is it?

Re: Do we merge this forum with commerce?
April 11, 2012, 03:58:35 AM
Combine them. At this point only like minded bands would dare advertise here mostly anyway.

April 11, 2012, 12:39:07 PM
No advertising, clearly.  This has been discussed before: the commerce board is a good place for generally unwanted but perhaps specifically interesting (i.e. to a small group of people) topics pertaining to new releases/merchandise/whatever.  The Metal forum should exist for the discussion of (Metal) music, and, at times, I suppose, the composers/bands that make the music.

April 11, 2012, 12:53:02 PM
I like the current layout, if I had to choose then I would ditch the advertising altogether.

April 11, 2012, 01:15:28 PM
Ditch the advertising, replace it with real news. I have to go to MetalSucks and Invisible Oranges to get updates on classic bands. Y U SO FAIL ME, ANUS?

April 12, 2012, 01:51:30 AM
Since this is a democracy, I vote option 1.

April 12, 2012, 11:36:38 PM
I vote option 1 as well

April 13, 2012, 02:26:08 AM
Since this is a democracy

That would be cruel and unusual punishment.

Just looking for feedback.

April 14, 2012, 01:32:27 AM
That would be cruel and unusual punishment.

Just looking for feedback.
Yeah, I know. I'm just being a dick. That's what bros do.

On a serious note: This topic has come up a few times and it seems like the overwhelming opinion is to keep direct advertising separate from this sub-forum. Might I ask what benefits you would see from merging the two?

April 14, 2012, 03:39:24 AM
As said before, the only solution is Turkish Oil wrestling.

I just try to put some feelers out and see how things are going. I never know what to do with Commerce; it's a spam trap, but it can be a useful spam trap. Sometimes however when the traffic here is low I think, why not just merge?

April 15, 2012, 08:32:06 AM
As said before, the only solution is Turkish Oil wrestling.

I just try to put some feelers out and see how things are going. I never know what to do with Commerce; it's a spam trap, but it can be a useful spam trap. Sometimes however when the traffic here is low I think, why not just merge?

You're just depressed. Go for a walk. Keep Commerce a separate forum. It would lower the traffic even more if the regulars here had to sift through all of the bullshit it catches to get to some quality metal discussion.