Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Averse Sefira tour

Re: Averse Sefira tour
March 18, 2007, 12:21:25 PM
March
23 - Crowbar - Tampa, FL
24 - Thee Imperial - Jacksonville, FL
25 - Culture Room - Ft. Lauderdale, FL
26 - The Haven - Winter Park, FL
27 - Masquerade - Atlanta, GA
28 - The Muse - Nashville, TN
29 - Jaxx - Springfield, VA
30 - The Loft - Poughkeepsie, NY
31 - Mark's Showplace - Bedford, NH

April
1 - BB King's Blues Club - New York, NY
2 - L'Anti - Quebec City, QC
3 - Foufounes - Montreal, QC
4 - Petit Theater Du Vieux Noranda Royun - Noranda, QC
5 - Jubilee Centre - Sudbury, ON
6 - Opera House - Toronto, ON
7 - Jigsaw - Parma, OH
8 - Colosseum - Mokena, IL
9 - Station 4 - St. Paul, MN
10 - Static Bar - Topeka, KS
11 - Bluebird Theater - Denver, CO
13 - Knitting Factory - Hollywood, CA
14 - Showcase Theatre - Corona, CA
15 - Clubhouse - Tempe, AZ
16 - Launchpad - Albuquerque, NM

From the Averse Sefira Tourlog

March 21, 2007, 08:09:46 PM
Woohoo! I'm there!

March 22, 2007, 09:02:46 PM
Woohoo! I'm there!

As am I. Does two make for a ANUS/Corrupt/Hessian meeting?

March 24, 2007, 10:54:02 PM

Does two make for a ANUS/Corrupt/Hessian meeting?

I would schedule a meeting before the concert at an establishment of eating and drinking, announce it here and we'll help promote it. More people will come if you let them know something is actually going on.

March 27, 2007, 11:15:49 AM
Maybe anyone attending any of the concerts can take pictures or post a review of the show in this thread. I will be at the April 1 NY show, and will do my best to come up with some material.

LEGION

March 27, 2007, 08:54:57 PM
Wrath's blog about the tour so far is an interesting read, he sounds more "human" than I expected! ;)

It should continue to be interesting throughout.

Ravn countered by asking me why I don't just change my legal name to Wrath. I was surprised at this suggestion, and asked if this is what he did. He said, "It's on my passport. When I show it to people I say 'Yes, Ravn. Fuck off!

I hung out with Martin in Seattle back when 1349 opened for Celtic Frost last October...Ravn seemed to have this very "fuck you" attitude in general.  I remember when I was talking to Martin before the gig and Ravn happened to walk by, so Martin quickly asked him how he was feeling with this sly smirk about him...Ravn simply mumbled something under his breath and stormed away.  I guess according to Martin, they had some party at a local hotel after the previous night's show.

March 27, 2007, 10:44:06 PM
I will be at the Hollywood/Corona shows! XD Anyone else?

March 28, 2007, 05:22:54 PM
I'll be at the Hollywood show as well.

March 31, 2007, 08:45:47 PM
Caught the show in NY last night - fucking brilliant!
Unfortunately the sound at the decidedly tiny "Loft" club leaves much to be desired...but it wasn't a show killer.
Averse Sefira were predictably excellent, despite the sound/PA issues.  
Nachtmystium(not sure on that spelling) didn't do much for me, honestly.
Goatwhore were much better than I expected - never cared for their work.
1349 were superb - dark, anti-social, tight as fuck- all...again, better live than on disc - much more powerful, and less cacophonous.  

April 03, 2007, 02:43:16 PM
I've been reading some pretty good reviews of AS on this tour, that's pretty cool! I'm so happy for the guys.

April 03, 2007, 10:31:47 PM
I attended the NYC show, and I made a couple of interesting observations:

Firstly, it was very sad to see that Averse Sefira, out of the four acts, was least recognized. This did not bother me so much as the idiotic remarks that came from the crowd.

Secondly, I commend Averse Sefira on a well-played set, however, I must admit that the band did not show very much grace or charisma. Less so the latter than the former. Wrath would trip over cables every now and then when he walked the stage and in between songs, he was very timid in the way he talked. Sanguine did a little bit better of a job.

Thirdly, while tuning their instruments, they did not have their paint on. I was a little put off by this because Averse Sefira for me exists in a way that transcends reality. Seeing them out of their stage personas was upsetting for me.

Lastly, all the Goatwhore fans were either twelve years old or looked like ridiculous poseurs.

Anyway, I bitched enough. I hope most of you can experience an upcoming show. Oh and Averse Sefira will be back in June in support of Emperor.

GS

April 03, 2007, 11:25:12 PM
Thirdly, while tuning their instruments, they did not have their paint on. I was a little put off by this because Averse Sefira for me exists in a way that transcends reality. Seeing them out of their stage personas was upsetting for me.

I dunno, I've seen theme set up w/ paint and it's no less mundane. Not necessarily a distraction for me either. What counts is when the music actually starts and whether a band can make you forget this and become totally involved in their vibe.

It's a bit of an unfair expectation to hold of band on the opening slot though. They travel with far less crew and thus, in an ironic way, have less control of maintaining that kind of presence.

Wished I didn't have to bail on this one though.

April 04, 2007, 11:16:59 PM
The tourblog is also somewhat hilarious. Opening bands have tough luck, and metal tours are small compared to anything else, so there's little money or time. If you see a band look exhausted... it's because they drove 800 miles since last night and arrived two hours before the show.

April 05, 2007, 01:45:10 AM
The tourblog is also somewhat hilarious. Opening bands have tough luck, and metal tours are small compared to anything else, so there's little money or time. If you see a band look exhausted... it's because they drove 800 miles since last night and arrived two hours before the show.

Indeed. It was quite clear that this was anything but a "big-budget" package...even by club-tour standards.  

April 06, 2007, 11:10:36 AM
Here's the setlist from NYC based on what I can remember. I'm sure it's similar for the entire tour.

Detonation
Argument Obscura
Helix in Audience
Fallen Beneath the Earth
Plagabraha
Battle's Clarion

It was kind of unfortunate that they were the opening band and only got about 30 minutes to play. The sound guy had the vocals way too low for the first couple of songs.