Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Drugs

Re: Drugs
April 12, 2012, 01:58:20 AM
You've ingested Amanitas? How did that go?
No, I've only tried the first batch of stuff I listed. I've never done anything from the last three categories, with the exception of PCP. I accidentally did it once because I smoked some mid-grade bud that was laced. It was not pleasant, but luckily it was not a significant dose.

April 12, 2012, 02:14:06 AM
I've never met anyone else that has eaten amanitas.
Maybe they all died.

Phoenix

April 12, 2012, 02:19:12 AM
I tried it some years ago. It was an OK experience, sort of dreamy, not too psychedelic at all, nausea was a problem, but back then I wasn't on the ball either.

Phoenix

April 12, 2012, 03:54:39 AM
OK I'll give it a shot:

Alcohol: On its own it's rubbish because of the hangover, but combined with other things it can be used in smaller amounts to offer some fun, and fun isn't a sin; can also serve to help relax and to let feelings out. Really nothing remarkable though.

Marijuana: I handle drugs well, except for this one, I seem to have developed a reverse-tolerance, I'll try to get a hold of it again some time in the future; can be beneficial, can open doors, but only takes you so far, can lead to serious stagnation and comes with tons of negative side-effects. Poor.

Shrooms: Everyone should try it, it changes your life, but be responsible and make sure you're ready, bad experiences can leave you feeling averse towards spiritual stuff or even the limits of your own mind.

LSA: Similar to shrooms and can be purchased from online shops, but the nausea is unpleasant and overall it's also less good than shrooms, however it's somewhat different so in that respect it's perhaps worth trying.

LSD: Never had the opportunity to try.

Ecstasy: Fun, and also insightful, but not truly revelatory like shrooms. A unique experience, so it's certainly worth trying even if you've already done shrooms. More physically dangerous (impurities, etc) and more easily abused. It's not a dirty drug, but it's not the best either.

Salvia: Apparently recreational in low doses, high doses are out of this word and therefore useful to experience. I've never had any visions on it (I tend not to hallucinate like that on any substances), but I'd like to try it more in the future and try to 'take control of the high' (a monumental challenge, perhaps). Higher doses require supervision from another person as you lose control of your body and may run around and bash your head into the wall or etc no matter how experienced you are.

Opiates: Different opiates are all the same basically, just different levels of intensity, I think (correct me if I'm wrong). It makes you happy. In this happiness you may be able to learn things, because your negative thoughts and feelings are suspended, but that's it. Very low spiritual value, physically unhealthy and addictive, but definitely good to try once just to experience the extreme pleasure sensation because it's unique.

Kratom: A more spiritually-infused high than opiates, available from online shops, worth a try. Long-term use leads to negative health consequences, and I believe it's expensive if I remember correctly.

Meth / speed: I think I tried it once and it was insightful because it was unique, but otherwise there's no benefit beyond that.

Crack: Obviously extremely pleasurable, and you can learn a lot about your ego; it offers lessons of disharmony, insight into how your self-control works, and insight about your ego. Offers insights, but you must be ready for it so that you don't get addicted. Physically and spiritually unhealthy, certainly not something for long-term use.

Coke: Never tried.

GHB: Gets you very drunk for a period of time, without the hangover. An intelligent choice over alcohol if you're just looking for fun, but apparently it can be addictive so don't overuse it. Also it's very small quantities, so be sure not to take too much (it's used this way as a date rape drug).

Ayahusca / DMT: Have not had the opportunity to try yet, heard great things, obviously looking forward to it.

Ketamine / PCP: Never tried, but I know PCP is bad for you physically and ketamine is reported to be somewhat spiritual but not too much.

DXM: A dissociative drug found in cough syrup / pills that has a bad reputation because it's available over the counter so lots of younger kids abuse it before they're ready, and because lots of people abuse varieties containing additional active ingredients other than just DXM which makes for a much more 'fucked up' trip but which is terrible for the liver and is spiritually unhealthy. I cannot recommend DXM enough and I will elaborate on it a bit here:

- You can get it in gel caps, don't drink the syrup! In Robitussin gel caps DXM is the only ingredient, you also have other inactive ingredients to make the gel capsule itself. DXM posses no other physical health risks per se, except very importantly: I believe approximately 1 in 20 people lack a certain liver enzyme so for them it's extremely more powerful, therefore it's very important to try a very low dose first! ALSO, it must never be combined with SSRIs or amphetamines, this could cause serotonin syndrome, seizure and death! Do your research first.

- Of all drugs I've tried DXM is the one that offers the most freedom of choice to the user as to how the experience evolves. It can be abused, but it can also be used to extreme benefit.

- It has four distinct plateaus depending on dose (ex: if you take a 3rd plateau dose you pass through the 1st and 2nd plateau briefly then arrive at the 3rd), within each plateau there is variation mainly only in intensity of effects, but between one plateau and another the type of effects differ dramatically, especially between the 2nd and 3rd and the 3rd and 4th.

- Due to the freedom the user has to design the experience, it's very hard to describe DXM. Also, unlike other drugs, DXM changes over time, initial experiences are nothing like later experiences. DXM can produce extreme physical pleasure sensation, extreme terror / horrible sensation, complete stillness and silence, total 'fucked up'-ness, wildest hallucinations and astral experiences, significantly increase your physical strength / accuracy / ability or significantly decrease it as well; this all depends on dose / plateau, as well as user actions and intentions.

- Offers extreme insight into the ego, you become a furthest back observer and see yourself. Between the 2nd and 3rd plateau there is a 10-second sensation wherein your center of perception shifts backwards, your field of vision actually expands and you become slightly removed from your body.

- This is completely different from any other substance I've tried. It is recommended that a first time user NEVER attempt a fourth plateau experience, ABSOLUTELY NOT. First time user attempt a third plateau experience is very risky, second plateau would probably seem extremely intense although for me now over time there is no intensity whatsoever it is all stillness and silence, those parts of myself that were thrust into action by it have been integrated (I'm a totally different person now, on a structural / mechanistic level, by choice, as a result of my spiritual direction; of course this was my choice and actions that made it so, DXM use in itself would never have this effect).

April 12, 2012, 12:28:45 PM

Really? I felt a really intense rush of visuals and bodily sensation for about 10 minutes, then nothing. A waste of 40$. Will never do it again.

Don't smoke it, or use "extracts"; just grow a little plant by your window sill, wait until you've got a good amount of growth, take off as many leaves as will leave the plant with enough to keep growing, and dry them.  Repeat until you've collected 8g of dry leaves, soak in water for half an hour, roll them into two quids, and chew on the first and then the second for fifteen minutes each (no swallowing of the juice!).  Enjoy your 4 hour cruise around alternate realities, and the 24-48 hour long afterglow.

You could probably take 16g of the stuff and break the universe, and you might even end up feeling (physically) healthier afterwards.  Salvia is so non-toxic that its only side effect is the healing of stomach ulcers (in doses which saturate the body with salvinorin A).

A few of you are talking about Amanita Muscaria.  My own experience with the mushroom was pretty interesting, and nothing like as bad as a lot of people make it out to be (because, as with everything, I researched the dosages/effects/side-effects rigorously before ingestion).  All I got was a pretty mellow and slightly euphoric high, a little bit of intoxication (similar to alcohol), and everything had a dream-like quality to it.

Don't eat a whole cap: find a small mushroom, and take one bite out of it.  Smoke a joint or take a hit (no nicotine) to get rid of any nausea which might arise.  Enjoy the rest of your day : )  I know of people who cook with this stuff, for fuck's sake; one guy was taking some with every meal throughout Winter.

Amanita Muscaria contains Ibotenic acid, which the body turns into Muscimol. The myths of toxicity are due to idiots confusing Muscimol with Muscarine.  Muscarine is deadly, but is found only in minute (non-toxic) quantities in Amanita Muscaria.  Muscimol gets you high, causes (possibly extreme) nausea, and can make you delirious in high doses.  Worth trying, anyway.

Transcix, what you say about DXM is quite interesting, and reflects my experiences with more potent strains of cannabis (and synthetic cannabinoids, which are far  more powerful/more dangerous).  The first time a specific level (plateau) is reached, it is difficult to control, but also amazing to experience.  As one comes to terms with what is revealed during the trips, the lower levels are more and more controllable, and greater heights can be safely achieved.  I've seen some fucked up and awesome stuff on cannabis, and have experienced worldview-altering trips on synthetic cannabinoids (which are a very bad idea - try it once, if you want to, but never again).

The trick to all of this stuff is to maintain a healthy balance.  As someone implied earlier, there's a difference between a drug user and a drug ABuser.  I'm tall and have a fast metabolism, and so can afford to take higher doses of substances compared to others, to the point where my level of consumption would probably be called "abuse" in someone who was 5'6''.  I used to drink maybe 50 units of alcohol a week, which is fucking stupid now that I look back on it.  At the moment,  I'm smoking about a 16th of an ounce of grass a week (I only get skunk if it's all that's available at the time), and will hopefully be taking my second dose of LSA sometime soon.  Summer will likely be weed/acid, and autumn will be weed/psilocybin/muscimol again.  Salvia gets a go every once in a while, but less so at the moment, since cannabis consumption lessens the effects of salvinorin A.

April 12, 2012, 05:29:15 PM
Hallucinogens are great as long as you aren't using them for escapism or are predisposed to psychosis.

Has anyone read "The Doors of Perception" by Huxley?

April 12, 2012, 11:27:49 PM
I've done nothing but a bit of cannabis with mixed results. I wasn't ready the first time, took a fair bit and had something of an anxiety attack. Next couple of times went down more smoothly, but I gathered it wasn't for me.

But judging by the experiences of the members here, I'm somewhat of an anomaly. I'm not sure what revelatory experiences I am missing out on, but I am going to stick to the safe and sober route.

/boring

April 12, 2012, 11:52:26 PM
One word:  jenkem.

April 13, 2012, 12:01:59 AM
Everdarkgreen is a human.
He sees himself as boring.
No ego would do that :)
Great post, EDG.

Phoenix

April 13, 2012, 12:21:28 AM
Great post, EDG.

What about a self-pitying ego, would it do that? I'm not saying it's the case with Everdarkgreen, but your spiritual analysis of the situation is off, there are plenty of ways in which hypothetically his post could have ego in it.

April 13, 2012, 12:28:06 AM
Bug off ego-man.
You have no way of knowing WTF is going on.
I've got your number, and upcoming threads will show that.
It's not about you, since you don't actually exist.
It's about the fuckwit egos that populate forums, posing as the non-people they aren't.
I'd start thinking of a new name if I were you.

Phoenix

April 13, 2012, 12:45:22 AM
Bug off ego-man.
You have no way of knowing WTF is going on.
I've got your number, and upcoming threads will show that.
It's not about you, since you don't actually exist.
It's about the fuckwit egos that populate forums, posing as the non-people they aren't.
I'd start thinking of a new name if I were you.

Jesus, I just pointed out that you were wrong.

It's not like I was making a big deal about something insignificant like your grammar and went out of my way to point out something you did wrong. You were making a real spiritual comment there, that has weight.

Now when I make mistakes, I want people to point them out to me!

And for the record I honestly don't know if you're actually angry or if you're just pretending to be as part of a trolling role that you're playing.

April 13, 2012, 12:50:26 AM
         Amanita muscaria is virtually never fatal, except perhaps to young children. The concentrations of active ingredients (ibotenic acid and muscimol I think) vary greatly from mushroom to mushroom, so users at times are actually unaffected. These chemicals are highly soluble in water, and apparently can be removed through several rounds of parboiling. Since A. muscaria is ubiquitous, it could actually be a useful food source in the wild. Fatal Amanitas (A. virosa, bisporigera, phalloides) can be easily told apart from A. muscaria with a little mushroom identification practice.

April 13, 2012, 01:03:37 AM
One word:  jenkem.

Huff jenk urrday. Seein' ancestors and shit.

April 13, 2012, 02:12:36 AM
Great post, EDG.

What about a self-pitying ego, would it do that? I'm not saying it's the case with Everdarkgreen, but your spiritual analysis of the situation is off, there are plenty of ways in which hypothetically his post could have ego in it.

I'm totally confused here. Why are you taking this personally?

People here are not opposed to you. This place however is intolerant of some behaviors. Stop defending, start doing.

Crow is urging you to become a higher level of yourself. Is that bad?