Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Drugs

Phoenix

Re: Drugs
April 16, 2012, 01:17:31 PM
Yeah 12 is a lot. You had to scrape the coating off and everything? Thanks for letting me know about the LAH thing by the way, I wasn't aware of it. I agree it's a good substance for self-introspection. Personally I'm deliberately sacrificing a bit of my spiritual awareness (temporarily) to live in the thick of society in order to accomplish certain things, so in this context drugs can be good tools to keep yourself grounded.

The coat-scraping thing is a myth.  The coats of HBW and MG seeds are inert, despite the numerous claims that they contain cyanide.  Cyanide gives you cyanide poisoning, not ergotism ; )

I'm not certain about the purity of the LAH using the method I used - there's a lot of discussion as to whether the adduct formed by LSA and acetaldehyde would be stable in the human body.  Many people recommend maintaining low lights/temperatures, so as to give the LSH the best chance to extract.  Peppermint tea with lemon + (tartaric acid) + 15 ground up HBW seeds + freezer + 24 hours = LSH, for the mostpart (drink quickly).

It's relatively easy to guage dosage for LSH - take as many HBW or MG seeds as you'd want to trip on and add another half of that number (e.g. 12 + 6 = 18) to get the same level trip after extraction.

I am very surprised you say that the husk is not toxic. I will have to look into this further, thanks for the info.

April 16, 2012, 01:25:25 PM
You might as well remove them - it's easy, and results in less crap in your mouth (or less mush if you perform an extraction).

April 17, 2012, 01:11:02 AM
Unlike most people, on pot I am incredibly motivated and passionate. This means I can sit down for hours researching or writing essays, and without breaks. Sometimes I'll decide to run into the countryside, or scale a small mountain nearby. Everyone will tell you that pot wastes your time, or makes you lazy, but it merely seems these people have no will.

April 17, 2012, 01:23:57 AM
I was a heavy user of marijuana for around two years, I can say in retrospect that it had a severe effect on my mental health at the time, although I have recovered since then.  Most other people I know who used marijuana in a serious way also ran into problems at some point.  I have used most other drugs, which are moderately accessible, in recreational settings but never really saw the possibility of any intellectual or spiritual benefits to any of them.  Any intellectual or spiritual task can be accomplished with proper means that do not require chemical assistance.  The only drug that I really see as being useful is caffeine, and only as a tool for specific tasks, of course even this is unecessary.

April 17, 2012, 11:52:16 AM
I was a heavy user of marijuana for around two years, I can say in retrospect that it had a severe effect on my mental health at the time, although I have recovered since then.  Most other people I know who used marijuana in a serious way also ran into problems at some point. 

I've observed the same thing. It also applies to heavy alcohol use. Even moderate alcohol use however can make people delusional. The ego swells to fit the space allotted it...

Drugs/alcohol are like creating a movie in your own mind. This replaces reality. It is the rare person, and I mean like one in a million, who can use any substance for a positive use. We might point to the fictional Sherlock Holmes and his cocaine, or W.S. Burroughs and marijuana, or Samuel Taylor Coleridge and his opium. But with those came a huge downside as well.

I won't deny that drugs can be an assload of fun. So can lots of things. And that right there is the biggest secret.

April 17, 2012, 08:02:51 PM
Unlike most people, on pot I am incredibly motivated and passionate.

{snip}

Everyone will tell you that pot wastes your time, or makes you lazy, but it merely seems these people have no will.
First, you just explained that your experience is the exception and not the rule. Second, how pot affects you depends on how much you use, what strain(s) you typically use, and your individual body chemistry. The general consensus is regarding long term abuse.

Phoenix

April 17, 2012, 10:57:33 PM
Sometimes it can be a matter of will-power, true. But other times variables such as body chemistry definitely come into play, for example I have very 'strong will' on other drugs but with marijuana it just completely knocks me out and fucks me up.

Hell and back
July 15, 2012, 02:40:31 PM
I will never forget what it was like. The overwhelming misery. The certainty of never-ending suffering. No one to help you, no way to escape. Everywhere I looked: darkness so thick that the idea of light seemed inconceivable.

Suddenly, I swirled down a tunnel of fire, wailing figures calling out to me in agony, begging me to save them. Others tried to terrorize me. "You will never leave here," they said. "Never. Never."

I found myself laughing at them. "I'm not scared of you," I said. But the darkness became even thicker; the emotional charge of suffering nearly unbearable. I felt as if I would burst from heartbreak—everywhere, I felt the agony of humankind, its tragedies, its hatreds, its sorrows. I reached the bottom of the tunnel and saw three thrones in a black chamber. Three shadowy figures sat in the chairs; in the middle was what I took to be the devil himself.

"The darkness will never end," he said. "It will never end. You can never escape this place."

"I can," I replied.

All at once, I willed myself to rise. I sailed up through the tunnel of fire, higher and higher until I broke through to a white light. All darkness immediately vanished. My body felt light, at peace. I floated among a beautiful spread of colors and patterns. Slowly my ayahuasca vision faded. I returned to my body, to where I lay in the hut, insects calling from the jungle.

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/adventure/0603/features/peru.html