Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Terrorizer - Hordes of Zombies

Terrorizer - Hordes of Zombies
April 12, 2012, 04:02:52 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say this one is good. It's about 75% grind, 25% melodic death metal. It's really simple. I would say almost exclusively chromatic with a few melodic and open intervals tossed in for measure sometimes. Basically pure rhythm music. Chop off the first track (intro) and last two (demos) and you have a hard-hitting album. It's not as interesting as Napalm Death during their populist years, but it's more consistent and energetic. Good music to beat people to.

Re: Terrorizer - Hordes of Zombies
April 12, 2012, 05:08:55 AM
I gotta say man, I've been listening to tracks on youtube for some time since this album was first mentioned, and I agree with you based on what I've heard. Gonna have to grab the album. To me it is WAYYYYY better than "Darker Days Ahead". Sounds like everyone (especially Pete) just went into this with an energetic attitude, and just bashed out some good ol' violent fun.

I don't hear much grind though; which is surprising and somewhat disappointing coming from Terrorizer.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

April 13, 2012, 12:01:17 AM
Having heard the entire thing, I must say that I concur with the consensus thus far. Yet, I ask: why on earth who you want to pursue or encourage listening to something like this? There are enough "honestly aggressive", purely rhythmic (read: superficially pleasing, gets dull quickly) semi-interesting releases in grindcore as it is, why would I choose this over thousands upon thousands of similar efforts? Perhaps its a tad bit better done, but even so, does this really satisfy musical standards so as to warrant the spending of one's time? I'm fine with World Downfall, thank you very much, and until something equally lasting emerges I'm not going to bother beyond a lukewarm reaction to something essentially unmoving, albeit better than most of its contemporaries. It is in my opinion that such releases should be largely ignored, if this site is not to endanger falling into the usual trappings of overreaching critical compromise and/or tolerance. If there are indeed healthy, worthwhile ideas to be found here, they should be preserved in and of themselves, without their existence automatically equating with the high quality of the material that contains them. This is also relative in areas outside of music.

April 13, 2012, 02:25:28 AM
Whisper: it's significantly better than those.

Humanicide: yeah, it's not really a grind album in that the grind has been universalized with metal and punk. Everything's updated.

Am I alone in hearing a lot of Mayhem "DMDS" in this? Hard to escape it, since it's so basic, but...