Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Why I culled the art thread

Re: Why I culled the art thread
April 12, 2012, 06:28:25 PM
I suppose it's so that we can have an easily accessible forum (... the word is what it is, dude) for the discussion of the ideas espoused by this site and its affiliates...?

An earlier comment I made (which has since been deleted) posited that general forum discourse is comprised largely of predictable social patterns. That doesn't necessarily invalidate the whole process you described, but aren't we here to celebrate Beauty? My assumption was that there is a shared, lowest common denominator respect for nature and art among those here. In my experience, it is this impetus which leads to creation. Talking (or arguing) about politics, philosophy can lead to tail-chasing, I think.

Obviously, my contributions to the forum are not regular - or substantial - so my points should not count for as much as those of users who frequent this place. Hopefully, they help. Regards.

April 12, 2012, 06:51:13 PM
Quality, not quantity, and your comments, while often sparse, are of a consistent quality.
Celebration of Beauty.
Indeed.
There isn't nearly enough of that, generally.
The Beauty, itself, is there, although for city-dwellers, it may take a pilgrimage to behold it.
The Celebration: well that's the thing.
You are able to see it, or you're not.
A forum could be a good place to lean on that aspect, and develop it, if it could ever get past being a vector for human appearances-of-things.

I am a lucky man, indeed, to live where I live, surrounded on all sides by beauty.
But there is always a price.
Mine is huge allergic reactions to beauty. Pollen is the by-product of magnificence.
There's always something.

April 12, 2012, 10:27:29 PM
I always thought good forums were places were you can learn from each others. You post an idea, others react to it, make commentaries and then everyone ponder about it and maybe their mind can evolve for the better if necessary. Instead of writing ideas, it was pictural "ideas". I was too much idealistic here.

That and celebration of beauty. Maybe there's no users good enough, skillful enough to bring it here. Well, too bad.
Maybe because people here take to much time trying to calculate how high their IQ is and try to much not being autistic so they kill their spontaneity down the road.
We will have a word with big heads, big brains but no hearts.

To the one 's who call other autistic,  I really wonder what type of art your heart can really come out.
 The funny think about it is that it come from a site who worship bands like Ildjarn, Burzum, Absurd. They are surely great and totally normal minds, and surely they  have no "problems" of any sort in their minds.

I'm a weirdo myself. If you don't want me there, say it once and for all. I swear I will never bother you here no more.

April 12, 2012, 10:44:02 PM
To lose you, would be to lose the only real-estate this place has.
You and a very few others.
I understand, completely.
But hope you'll linger.

NHA

April 12, 2012, 11:03:47 PM
An interesting question is if the autists would actually respond negatively (emotionally) to people trashing their work. The impression i get is that autists are more confused about people hating them more than anything else.

April 13, 2012, 12:44:45 AM
Its entirely understandable, if exceedingly difficult to understand, the hatred thing.
I have discovered that hatred is the default response of ego to anything it finds offensive.
And ego finds anything offensive, that does not obviously bolster its own self-image.

I find myself, for example, hated often, and this was a difficult thing to penetrate.
Until I discovered that it wasn't people hating me; it was their egos.
And ego can not bear anything real. Because real is the one thing an ego can never be.
And that, in a nutshell, is my mission both here, and elsewhere on the internet.
Ego-identification, as a means of combating the virus that has infected the whole western world.

I aim to show people how to innoculate themselves against this menace that has taken them over.
So that their sole method of interaction no longer involves destruction as its default goal.

Put that in yer pipe, and smoke it.

April 13, 2012, 02:21:01 AM
And ego can not bear anything real. Because real is the one thing an ego can never be.

Either the self is the world (liberalism, war metal) or the world is the world and the self a traveler.

April 13, 2012, 02:28:48 AM
What is the correct role of the ego? is there one? Does it have any place in forum discourse? How can excess of ego be reduced to it's correct role? These are questions we should like to know the answers to.

April 13, 2012, 02:41:37 AM
There is no 'correct role' for ego.
Ego is what you end up with when you cease being honest, operate without a solid baseline, and become the center of the universe.
It's what you become when you have no real substance. It is a out of control maniac that is never able to stop.
It is the disease that has crippled the West, and continues to.

We all operate through ego, until we decide not to. But most of us are teens that are unable to grow up.
I didn't know these things, until today.
One thing you can do when you get real, is have revelations like these, and go on doing it, forever.
So go ahead and be your ego. But maybe decide, for yourself, that your ego's days are numbered.

Rome wasn't built in a day.