Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Help finish Birth A.D.'s debut album

Help finish Birth A.D.'s debut album
April 12, 2012, 11:01:38 AM
"Birth A.D. is in the final stages of producing their debut full-length, "I Blame You", and they need your help! A good independent production isn't cheap, so anything you contribute to assist in the mixing and mastering process of this soon-to-be classic of crossover thrash is appreciated.

Your donation will be commemorated with the inclusion of your name on the album's thanks list, and you will be counted as part of the new Birth A.D. fan club, the Seven Billion Graves Brigade.

The Misfits had the Fiend Club, Voivod has the Iron Gang, and this is your chance to get your name immortalized as a collaborator and conspirator! Years from now when the band is huge, overrated, and not half as cool as when they started off, you can break out the album everyone really liked and say, "There's my name!"

Pledge now, and CAUSE PROBLEMS!"

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/birthad/help-finish-birth-ads-debut-album

Also a cool way to get your hands on the hard to find EP and some other things.

Re: Help finish Birth A.D.'s debut album
April 12, 2012, 01:36:28 PM
I saw it here http://www.deathmetal.org/news/help-finish-birth-a-d-s-debut-album/ . Is anyone else having trouble getting comments posted, none of mine are showing up.

April 12, 2012, 05:51:53 PM
aw man, I always wanted to be thanked by Birth A.D!  This is seriously an awesome idea.  If I pledge will I be able to choose what name is used?  They won't just take it from a credit card or paypal or whatever, right?

NHA

April 12, 2012, 05:56:28 PM
This seems like a pretty good idea. I rather just pay the artist direct without any middlemen taking a cut. Physical copies of albums are kinda useless to me.

April 14, 2012, 09:36:01 AM
Ghoul were very successful with their campaign to get a tour van through kickstarter donations:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/644957186/help-ghoul-buy-a-van

It'll be interesting to see how effectively this fundraising tool is used by musicians in the future.

April 14, 2012, 02:28:30 PM
Are you able to give them a pseudonym?

NHA

April 15, 2012, 12:49:48 PM
i think It asks for a name when you create a kickstarter account. I assume they just go off that. Theres also a "no reward" option.

April 16, 2012, 02:12:10 AM
I liked the fact that they offered incentives for higher pledges. I pledged 20 to get a copy of the EP. Why the hell not aye?

April 16, 2012, 10:52:19 AM
Update:

"In just 6 days, we're halfway to our goal! Thanks to each and every one of you for supporting this album and Birth A.D.! We're really amazed by the incredible response, and we look forward to making it count when the album it out and we start coming to your towns and cause problems!

Since this is going so well, I've decided to add a special bonus item - a test pressing of the "Stillbirth of a Nation" EP on vinyl! This is a one-of-a-kind unique item (as the kids are calling it on the Skyrims), and we'll even autograph the sleeve! Anyone who contributed is automatically entered for a chance to win!

If you haven't contributed yet, now's the time to get in on the action!

We'll pick a random winner at the end of the drive next month. Thanks again for contributing, and good luck!!!

Best Regards,

Jeff and Birth A.D."

Apparently they really want to take care of their fans.

April 16, 2012, 01:10:39 PM
It would be really hilarious to have a bunch of people from here sign up with silly names like "KillThe Under120s" and "Hipsters Die"

April 16, 2012, 08:09:04 PM
and whats wrong with that? At the very least, in this stage of their career, they know where their loyalties should lie.

At least they aren't masquerading around like Cryptopsy or Morbid Angel and still having the gall to beg fans for money.

April 17, 2012, 12:56:53 PM

Well good for them. Give the fans what they need. Most bands give the fans or at least the majority of them what they want and not what they need. If they listen to what the fans want they'll have to put out Ilus Divanus Insanus.

April 19, 2012, 02:05:40 AM
Birth A.D. is one of the few bands out there who, whether you like them or hate them, are going to hit you in the gut as having some actual impetus. In a time of people who are accessorizing their lives with music and political opinions, Birth A.D. is an antidote to both of those dysfunctions. It's raw, hard-hitting, topical and controversial without cheering for any of the many facets of existing dogma. This is the artistic and social commentary side of metal/thrash/crossover/hardcore.

I think it's worth supporting.

A donation has been made in the name of the site, and I encourage you all to make others in your own names.

April 19, 2012, 01:17:04 PM
Are you going to take up a collection here? Kickstarter is fuckign retarded, requires I sign up for both a Kickstarter account and an Amazon account, neither of which are anonymized.