Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Help finish Birth A.D.'s debut album

Re: Help finish Birth A.D.'s debut album
April 19, 2012, 09:28:45 PM
Birth A.D. = best lyrics in metal today

April 21, 2012, 06:14:56 PM
Am I the only one here that thinks Birth AD is mediocre musically and the way they use political lyrics feel like an unintentional gimmick? They try too hard to use their music as a vessel for their political and philosophical ideas when they really aren't talented enough artistically to do so. The music makes me think it was almost a chore for them to do, as if they thought, "I wish there was a thrash band that had lyrics relating to New Right politics, that would be a good way to spread these ideas, I guess I could do it".

Birth A.D. is one of the few bands out there who, whether you like them or hate them, are going to hit you in the gut as having some actual impetus. In a time of people who are accessorizing their lives with music and political opinions, Birth A.D. is an antidote to both of those dysfunctions. It's raw, hard-hitting, topical and controversial without cheering for any of the many facets of existing dogma. This is the artistic and social commentary side of metal/thrash/crossover/hardcore.

I can basically agree with except for its "raw" and "hard hitting", to me its boring. It's nice to see a band embrace these philosophies but musically they're very uninteresting.

April 21, 2012, 06:24:35 PM
I can't figure out a political orientation from their lyrics. They're anti-stupidity.

As far as mediocre, I disagree, but they are half-punk and half-metal so there's going to be a bit more of what punk does than on a normal metal album. Some don't like punk and find it all boring.

May 03, 2012, 06:06:45 PM
$372 to go and 8 days left!