Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Considering the Doors inclusion in Dark Legion...

Considering the Doors inclusion in Dark Legion...
December 16, 2006, 05:31:56 PM
Many complain about including the Doors in the review section, but that's not what this is about.  I was wondering if anyone here thinks any other non-metal band should be included in the review section or perhaps other bands from before the 80s.  Also, do you feel as if metal pioneers like Blue Cheer and Black Sabbath should have nore reviews?  

I felt this should be seperate from the other "bands missing from reviews" thread for obvious reasons.

Actually I think the neo-classical section is getting over crowded with "every band I like that isn't metal" sort of inclussions.  I think there should be a third section and that metal and neo-classical should be pure.

This isn't a major problem for me though.  This is still one of the few great music websites on the web.

well since king crimson are mentioned so much and held in such high regard i wonder why they aren't present, the same goes for kraftwerk, and Jethro tull

well since king crimson are mentioned so much and held in such high regard i wonder why they aren't present, the same goes for kraftwerk, and Jethro tull

Kraftwerk doesn't appear because they are included on the Neo-Classical section.  I think maybe Jethro Tull would be at home there as well.

however that still doesn't explain king crimson, ive also noticed it doesn't mention any big heavy metal or speed metal acts (asides from slayer), is this simply because everyone no matter what would have herd of them

however that still doesn't explain king crimson, ive also noticed it doesn't mention any big heavy metal or speed metal acts (asides from slayer), is this simply because everyone no matter what would have herd of them

Robert Fripp, I believe is in the neo-classical section, but King Crimson is no where, you are correct.  Maybe someday.  

What do you guys think about Reign in Blood not being in the metal section, but instead being in the neo-classical section.  Seems kind of pretensious.

well some groups like deicide are present within both the neo-classical listing and the metal section here so i don't see why not, the same goes for gorgoroth

Robert Fripp, I believe is in the neo-classical section, but King Crimson is no where, you are correct.  Maybe someday.  

What do you guys think about Reign in Blood not being in the metal section, but instead being in the neo-classical section.  Seems kind of pretensious.

Reign in Blood was definitive not just for intensity and heaviness in metal, but for other music as well.

Many complain about including the Doors in the review section, but that's not what this is about.  I was wondering if anyone here thinks any other non-metal band should be included in the review section or perhaps other bands from before the 80s.  Also, do you feel as if metal pioneers like Blue Cheer and Black Sabbath should have nore reviews?  

I felt this should be seperate from the other "bands missing from reviews" thread for obvious reasons.

Yes, and Genesis MUST be in it.

Read the lyrics, listen to the song, you'll find them great.

But when you see them* playing live, you know why they must be there. It's not music, it's not opera, it's not musical comedy : it's purely theater at his higher form.

* : Since they're separated, try to see they're ''hommage'' : The Musical Box. Those guys have the same material, the same body, the same instrument (given by Genesis), the same technical people that help them for the show etc.. They are, at the end, Genesis (for live show).

in fact there would be scores of rock bands that would deserve mention here, i guess the reason they arn't is because this part of the site is for metal, but that still doesn't explain the doors

Wouldn't you want mention of the rock bands that influenced metal? It's kind of hard not to mention Jim Morrison when speaking of dark, evil, powerful, Nietzschean rock music. I'm not sure other rock bands had the same importance.

What I find most objectionable about the Doors review is that it reviews an album which according to the review is mediocre compared to their earlier works. It would then make more sense to me to review the better albums they made, if one wants to point out any important influences of this band. Otherwise why pay attention to them on a metal site? That said, anus is still the best. Anything important can never suit everyone's desires but it can still suit everyone's needs.

Something else: personally I'm getting a bit tired of the "hidden-my-bloody-valentine-page" argument. So what if there is one? Maybe there's also a hidden page that explains why the shitty bands others mention will never get reviewed on anus.  ;)

The My Bloody Valentine page isn't hidden; it's in the listing here:
http://www.anus.com/metal/

It's not under black or death metal because it's not black or death metal.

I'm not the one who designed the page, so I can't say with certainty, but I believe that's there to help the DLA in search-engine results.

Maybe there's also a hidden page that explains why the shitty bands others mention will never get reviewed on anus.  ;)

http://www.anus.com/metal/hidden/shitty-bands/