Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

life or death

life or death
April 13, 2012, 02:22:17 AM
If at the moment you read that post, someone proposed you a choice. To live Eternally but with Suffering, a lot of it, or to die for eternity but witout any suffering. What would you choose? Remember, there would be no turning back. And you will have only a day to make a decision. After that, you would have no choice but to consume your choice.

I, for myself would choose life.

I think by the way this would solve our problem of surpopulation.

Re: life or death
April 13, 2012, 02:25:46 AM
No way I would need a day to decide that.
A split second, at most.
Number one, and life.
My life is already eternal and filled with suffering.
I love it!

April 13, 2012, 02:41:03 AM
It comes down to suffering as a double edge blade. As if some good might come of it, and eventually to get beyond yourself and the good/evil duality altogether.

April 13, 2012, 02:43:11 AM
That is what suffering is.
Unpleasant, but absolutely necessary.
Finally, a conversation that lives :)
Bring it on!

April 13, 2012, 03:08:52 AM
Are you saying we have -only- suffering in this eternal life?

My impression was that suffering is worthwhile for the benefit it brings, but if there's not benefit, just an eternity of suffering, then fuck it I'll die.

Though I'm taking the question too literally and not recognising its existential meaning.

Choose life for the only thing certain is death etc etc

April 13, 2012, 03:52:18 AM
Are you saying we have -only- suffering in this eternal life?

Suffering would not be all there is but there would be enough of it to be a "pain in the ass" constantly and you would suffer really badly when not in harmony with god.

April 13, 2012, 04:31:05 AM
So your hypothetical life is exactly the same as actual life.

April 13, 2012, 05:36:15 AM
In a sense this would be like actual life  but right now the majority of people are usually on "drugs"  (TV, politics, ego trip, drugs, gourmet restaurant, etc) so this numb the feeling at least momentarily. But to take the "life choice" would render the drugs ineffective.